[WG-UMA] All-in-one protocol diagram / translation help wanted

1 view

Eve Maler

Mar 15, 2010, 10:59:28 PM3/15/10
to WG UMA
Domenico created the attached all-in-one graphic to put the three steps of the draft UMA protocol together visually. We've done a bit of WG spec-team tweaking, and in this form it looks like this could be an extremely useful tool for a variety of purposes. Please let us know where you see opportunities to use it to convey the UMA technical proposition.

As a side note, I got an idea at last week's Kantara F2F meetings. I'm hoping to blog the revised UMA direction in the next couple of days, and had thought of blogging as a great worldwide outlet for innovative ideas. But several people in the Portland meeting, who had traveled over from France and elsewhere in Europe, corrected this impression. Blogs are not followed as closely in some other parts of the world -- but naturally the biggest problem is the language barrier.

What if we produce the ultimate UMA two-pager in English, conveying the use-case/technical proposition to attract new participants/coders/etc., and then get volunteers from among our WG participants to translate it into other languages?? I'm a monolinguistic slob :-), but many of our participants are native or fluent speakers of other languages.

Thanks in advance for volunteering,

Eve

UMA-protocol_V07.png

Maciej Machulak

Mar 16, 2010, 11:05:36 AM3/16/10
to Eve Maler, WG UMA
Eve,

Sounds like a great idea to produce such an two-page overview of UMA! I'll definitely help with translating that into Polish.

Cheers,
Maciej

Domenico Catalano

Mar 16, 2010, 12:00:00 PM3/16/10
to Eve Maler, WG UMA, Maciej Machulak
Italian for me!

Domenico Catalano
Architect & Application Platform Ambassador - Software Lob

Sun Microsystems, Inc.
via Giandomenico Romagnosi, 4
Rome, Italy IT
Phone x13673/+39-06-59855 673