Move or Remove Blog Tab

kuhlen

Mar 19, 2009, 12:23:39 PM3/19/09
to K2 Support
Hello K2,

I have been searching through the groups posts to find a way to move
or remove the blog tab in the header. I found a way to remove all the
tabs but thats not going to help much.

Is there a way to move / or remove just the Blog tab??

Thanks!

Eric Marden

Mar 20, 2009, 2:11:03 PM3/20/09
to k2-su...@googlegroups.com
You can hide the blog tab via CSS, if you want. Or if you are using a
static homepage (an option in WP) you can then make any page the blog
tab. This new placeholder page can then be moved around using the Page
Order option in WP.

The other way is to order the pages that appear in your tab and
override the k2_get_page_list_args() function in your functions.php.
This function is pluggable and allows you to use to set the list_args
variable for wp_list_pages() that K2 uses. You can learn more about
the format of this variable in the Codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_list_pages

If you need more info on getting started with the second option, let
me know.

- Eric Marden
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
http://ericmarden.com

benau

Mar 20, 2009, 6:26:18 PM3/20/09
to K2 Support
Remove ‘Blog’ tab from K2 theme.

Edit line 37 of themes/k2/app/includes/Display.php from:

): ?>current_page_item<?php else: ?>page_item<?php endif; ?>"><a
href="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/" title="<?php echo get_option
('k2blogornoblog'); ?>"><?php echo get_option('k2blogornoblog'); ?></
a></li>

): ?>current_page_item<?php else: ?>page_item<?php endif; ?>"> </li>

Maybe Eric could describe what he is suggesting in detail why that
would work better than my dirty hack above.

:)

Baumi_B

Mar 21, 2009, 10:08:06 AM3/21/09
to K2 Support
Eric wrote:
Or if you are using a static homepage (an option in WP) you can then
make any page the blog
tab. This new placeholder page can then be moved around using the
Page
Order option in WP.

Well, yes I am using a statich homepage as a start up page using the
repective WP option.
The result is that no Blog Page is displayed in the menu anymore.

How can I make any other page the blog tab so that I get a real blog
page there?

This might be a newbie question, so sorry for bothering you.

All the best
Bernhard

Eric Marden

Mar 23, 2009, 9:09:00 AM3/23/09
to k2-su...@googlegroups.com
Create another page as the blog page. THis new page is just a
placeholder. Then set the option where you set the static home page to
have the blog appear on your placeholder page.

- Eric Marden
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
http://ericmarden.com

Baumi_B

Mar 24, 2009, 6:35:38 PM3/24/09
to K2 Support
Thanks a lot, mate. I really overlooked this feature.

Now everything works perfect.

All the best
Bernhard

On Mar 23, 2:09 pm, Eric Marden <eric.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Create another page as the blog page. THis new page is just a
> placeholder. Then set the option where you set the static home page to
> have the blog appear on your placeholder page.
>
> - Eric Marden
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .http://ericmarden.com

CSwan

Apr 28, 2009, 3:14:04 PM4/28/09
to K2 Support
I'm having a similar problem, though unlike Baumi_B, I can't get the
Blog tab to go away (using WP option) even though I've set a new
"Home" page to be the static landing page and set posts to display on
the News page. http://northlandcollegeoutdoored.wordpress.com/ (don't
pay too much attention to the banner or pages...still working on that
too.)

Any ideas? I have access to a server if need-be, but I'd rather set up
using WP hosting. Thanks!

On Mar 24, 5:35 pm, Baumi_B <baumgartne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, mate. I really overlooked this feature.
>
> Now everything works perfect.
>
> All the best
> Bernhard
>
> On Mar 23, 2:09 pm, Eric Marden <eric.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Create another page as theblogpage. THis new page is just a
> > placeholder. Then set the option where you set the static home page to
> > have theblogappear on your placeholder page.
>
> > - Eric Marden
> > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .http://ericmarden.com
>
> > On Mar 21, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Baumi_B wrote:
>
> > > Eric wrote:
> > > Or if you are using a static homepage (an option in WP) you can then
> > > make any page theblog
> > >tab. This new placeholder page can then be moved around using the
> > > Page
> > > Order option in WP.
>
> > > Well, yes I am using a statich homepage as a start up page using the
> > > repective WP option.
> > > The result is that noBlogPage is displayed in the menu anymore.

CSwan

Apr 28, 2009, 4:25:42 PM4/28/09
to K2 Support
Furthermore, how do you manipulate the CSS to remove the Blog tab
only? Thanks!