List of Owners all Google Groups in a Domain

Kay Schmalen

Apr 1, 2021, 7:46:39 PM4/1/21
to Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Hello everyone!
We are trying to get a list of owners of all Google Groups created in our domain.  We have over 200+ groups and want to remove those that are no longer being used.  But before we do, we want to make sure that the owner of that group no longer wants to use it.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this?  Thank you!  Kay

Kay Schmalen
Central Rivers AEA
School Improvement/Technology Consultant
Clear Lake Regional Office
9184 265th St. Suite B
Clear Lake IA 50428
Phone: 800-392-6640 or 641-329-4271
Cell Phone: 641-529-1219

Ryan Collins

Apr 5, 2021, 8:53:47 AM4/5/21
to Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
Set up gam, and then the following command will get you the information you need:

gam print groups name owners managers todrive

Jaime Kikpole

Apr 5, 2021, 10:08:03 AM4/5/21
to Kay Schmalen, Google Apps K12 Technical Forum
If you're not comfortable with using GAM at the command line, I highly recommend Gopher for Groups from Amplified IT.  It's a great add-on for Google Sheets which will give you a list of groups and details about them.  You can also make changes to the data in the spreadsheet and push the changes back to Google.  For example, you could see the number of members and then close any which have fewer than two members in about 10 minutes.

Jaime Kikpole
Director of Technology & Innovations
Cairo-Durham Central School District

Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google Apps K12 Technical Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/k12appstech/dd2a76ec-9d78-4902-adae-4b96c0f9b413n%40googlegroups.com.

This electronic message and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged information protected by law from further disclosure and is intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the employee or agency responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any attachment(s). Please notify the sender immediately by return email or telephone and permanently delete this message and attachment(s) from your system.