Writing Technique and Basics of Music - Feeling versus Intelligence

1 view

Koos Nolst Trenite

Sep 12, 2002, 6:01:17 PM9/12/02
Writing Technique and Basics of Music - Feeling versus Intelligence

issued 12 September 2002

'So the words should flow, connect with each other in meaning and
feeling and significance.

I have never seen this written in any textbook (teaching) on writing
or on poetry. Yet it is the first thing not only to know, but also
to practice.

It is similar to learning to play the violin or the flute: You want
a beautiful tone, that's the first thing, and then you can practice
all the tunes and interweaving melodies and chords.
What a joy teaching and learning music then is!'

from 'Notes on Art' by Koos Nolst Trenite "Cause Trinity"

[Writing techniques - sequence of words - grammar - music]

[Definition of 'grammar']
It becomes more and more obvious to me that the sequence of words is
senior to many other considerations, senior to many writing- or
thinking- or speaking-habits. These habits, when generalized and
formalized and categorized, are called 'grammar.'

[Sequence of words and meaning]
What becomes more and more clear is that a sequence of word should be
flowing in line with the meaning conveyed. This is too
self-understood to be considered.

It is of the same order of magnitude as 'the Beauty or the Feeling of
sound is the building block of music.'

It gets overlooked because it seems too obvious, and it was too
obvious, too self-understood to those who can feel music. So it was
discarded in music teaching, or so it appears: "You don't have to
teach that - it comes automatically with talent," or such.

[Example]
I give an example, the example because of which I took the opportunity
to write this down now for you: I was writing "... a criminal,* or a
group of criminals* attacked - out of pure Envy of you - your Beauty
and your Aliveness and your Care."

I first had this written as "a criminal* or group of criminals*
attacked your Beauty and Aliveness and Care, out of pure Envy."
I wrote my first thought, "a criminal or group of criminals attacked
your Beauty and Aliveness and Care," and then I added my next and
further thought, that they did this out of Envy.
So I got "a criminal or group of criminals attacked your Beauty
and Aliveness and Care ...out of pure Envy."

But Care is not done out of Envy. So it does not flow - you have to
think, to apply 'what does he mean, because these words do not
belong together.'

[Grammar to decipher sentences]
You have to apply grammar and split the sentence up in blocks of
words which do belong together. "out of pure Envy" belongs together.

What does that block of words connect to? To "(they) attacked" -
"they attacked out of Envy." It connects to the verb 'attacked.'

So we translate 'belonging to the verb' into Latin and get
'ad-verbial' - and we agree that we call a block of words a 'phrase'
- and then by sheer force of heavy logic, we put a label on the part
"out of pure Envy" and call it an 'adverbial phrase.' And that's
grammar.

[School time]
It requires thinking - people love quiz games, and I loved grammar at
school. I was so clever in it that my language teacher got extremely
annoyed with my always knowing the answers - actually, she
was (rather literally) a real and ugly bitch, by the name of
(phonetically) Taeht vahn Ack.

She hated my guts, but at the time I had no idea how anybody
sane could possibly hate me, and indeed, I later found out that I
was not wrong in that - but that I WAS wrong in assessing who is
sane.

She, careful not to undermine her own 'authority' in the class and
in the school with it, tried all her tricks, out of Envy, to get me
down and de-stabilized and if possible, not liked. (Which was hard,
because I was the uncontested president of the school's student
association, and so on.)

But I refused to learn big poems by heart, yet this was an accepted
part of the class, so there she had a 'weapon' to try and make me
small in front of the class. But she played many other tricks,
Energetically too, to try and make me not face (and so not properly
encounter) her extreme Ugliness and her hidden Hate of me and people
in general.

[Writing techniques - thinking - logic - attention span - feeling]

[Toleration span for no-understanding]
So when you are trained to think or when you are used to think and
sort out what belongs to what in communications or in text
books, then you take the time or effort, or you have a wide enough
attention span or reading-memory span, to take in the whole sentence
without stopping your interest in understanding it or figuring out
what is meant, or to understand that the writer actually indeed does
not know himself or herself what he or she is really writing about.

You can tolerate not understanding a sentence, or you can tolerate
not understanding a whole paragraph even. And that does not disturb
your desire to puzzle and quiz and figure out what the whole
sentence means.

[Logic is not sanity]
Scholars are used to doing that, it's proving their intelligence -
which is entirely distinct from, and disrelated to sanity.
To apply intelligence to a given set of data or words representing
those data, is entirely distinct from and disrelated to sanity.

The most insane people are very intelligent and very coldly logical
in their lies and strategy for destruction and domination of Life
and for - to be very specific - their diverting your Love and your
interest away from where you actually wanted to place it the most.

[False definition of insanity]
Part of their intelligence is, to force a false definition of
insanity onto you, so you won't detect them and so you will attack
the victims - instead of them, the criminals* who make those victims.

Many criminals* are very intelligently blaming the victims, or more
INTELLIGENTLY, they blame those who could cure the victims, and most
INTELLIGENTLY, they get those accused and blamed who could detect
them.

If you don't believe me, I happened to see a list of IQ test scores
of the war criminals who were tried at Nuremberg. They had been
given proper IQ tests. Their Intelligence Quotients were averaging
around 140 - way above normal.

[Sanity means caring for people]
I am writing because I am caring for people, and I am not writing
for coldly logical scholars who care for 'logic' and for
intelligence but not for people.

[Feeling and writing for people]
So if I get the time for it ...it requires a lot of thinking on my
part to look at how others might think, or what they might not think
of.

And to look at what associations of ideas people have with words,
and what feelings they have to words, and what knowledge of words
another might have, or might have had but forgot that lie dormant.

And how big a reading-attention span or tolerance-span another, a
majority of others, might have.

How big their command of English is, how much FEELING they have with
which to read the message that the words try to convey - even if
they don't know all the words.

So, if I get and take and have the time for it, then I try to
consider these things when I write.

[Words for basic parts of Life]
Many concepts I convey, are well known to people or felt by people,
because these things I describe exist and are fundamental, are basic
to Life.

Yet their expression in the society, their expression in words, that
is, has been suppressed. The concepts are there, have always been
there. But there are no correct words for it.

On top of that, the feeling of those concepts has been
corrupted, "explained," and represented as something else than it is.

So on one hand it is very easy for me to write for those who still
FEEL the basic concepts, or who have some memory of it.
They FEEL what I write.

[Charlatans pervert feeling for truth]
On the other hand there are the charlatans, the spiritual criminals,*
who constantly throw out lies to misdirect and pervert and oppose
and reverse any feeling understanding.

Disrupting, and blocking, and misdirecting, that's their "job" -
that's "what they do."
Their "survival" utterly depends on it, like that of any criminal,*
who considers or knows he can only survive by being a criminal.*
They feel that real truth, even if not directly exposed about
themselves but about others, they feel that merely the activity of
seeing real truth,** already will destroy them.

[Distractions when writing]
But they are an annoyance when writing, because they constantly
interfere (as explained in this paragraph) when you try to write for
a large audience and you try to have your words understood and not
mis-interpreted. (I am talking about myself, but I address you while
you look from my viewpoint) - you try to feel: 'Will this
formulation, this sentence, be understood by others?' You actually
FEEL others for that. And you get (then) hit by a barrage (of
thoughts) from those charlatans, who forcefully project and
maintain, against all evidence, "how it is precisely the reverse of
what I say" or how my words can be misunderstood and misrepresented,
how they can be put out of context.

[Complaining about writing truth]
Their complaint is THAT you are writing truth. But in order to
destroy truth, they have to "prove" that truth is "false," and that
lies are the "actual, real truth." Go and talk with some dull,
adjusted, educated, zombie-like citizen - he will tell you nothing
but lies that he has been educated in and has accepted from the
charlatans.

[Writing for reasonably sane people]
Despite and in the teeth of all that, I write for reasonably sane,
reasonably caring, and reasonably feeling people - who are not
grammatical scholars, nor are they considering reading to be a quiz.
Why not, actually, they enjoy quizzes by their very nature!
Sometimes I include a multiple choice set of questions, to find out
whether a person understands a text, asking the reader paragraph by
paragraph about his feelings for it.

[Basics of writing and music]
So the words should flow, connect with each other in meaning and
feeling and significance.

I have never seen this written in any textbook (teaching) on writing
or on poetry. Yet it is the first thing not only to know, but also
to practice.

It is similar to learning to play the violin or the flute (or
nowadays, to program a synthesizer): You want a beautiful tone, that
expresses feeling - that's the first thing, and then you can
practice all the tunes and interweaving melodies and chords you
want.
What a joy teaching and learning music then is!

Koos Nolst Trenité "Cause Trinity"
human rights philosopher and poet

* Footnote:
As can be learned elsewhere in most of my writings, I am defining
'criminals' as individuals who have the permanent intention to
oppose, hinder or destroy Life, for instance per 'Definition of Love
and Hate - a Law of Life' of 29 July 2002
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.0208010221.73b4364b%40posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

** Footnote:
I define 'truth' as 'that what happened.' It is defined very precisely
in 'Mozart Remedying Spiritual Violence - Fine Particle Physics
- Beauty and Awareness' of 20 August 2002 - Version 1.10
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=c172dd8d.02082...@posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

Copyright 2002 by Koos Nolst Trenité - human rights philosopher
and poet
This is 'learnware' - it may not be altered, and it is free for
anyone who learns from it, and (or, if he can't learn from it)
who passes it on unaltered, and with this message included, to
others who might be able to learn from it.
None of my writings may be used, ever, to support any political
or religious agenda, but only to educate and encourage people to
judge undominated and for themselves about any organizations or
individuals.
Send free-of-Envy and free-of-Hate, Beautiful e-mails to:
PlatoWorld at Lycos.com
(address unreadable for internet robots
- replace ' at ' with the '@' symbol)

Reference:
- A Poem of Love and Adventure (17 July 2002)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.0207171309.1696976a%40posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

Dr.Matt

Sep 12, 2002, 7:15:31 PM9/12/02
The name "Koos Nolst Trenite" has been signed to a large number of
postings on the internet advocating Hubbard Dianetics and Scientology,
using bizarre posting styles and strange content.

--
Matthew H. Fields http://www-personal.umich.edu/~fields
Music: Splendor in Sound

Rob

Sep 12, 2002, 7:22:59 PM9/12/02
"Koos Nolst Trenite" <Ambassador...@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:3b6f518d.02091...@posting.google.com...

> Writing Technique and Basics of Music - Feeling versus
Intelligence

> 1 July
2002
> issued 12 September
2002

> 'So the words should flow, connect with each other in meaning and
> feeling and significance.

That's revolutionary dude.

Except on Usenet. It's doesn't seem to apply to Usenet.

Rob

Koos Nolst Trenite

Sep 13, 2002, 4:17:27 AM9/13/02
The name "Koos Nolst Trenite" has been signed to a large number of
postings on the internet DENOUNCING AND EXPOSING the bizarre and
treacherous, fascistic practices and satanic doctrines of Hubbard
Dianetics and Scientology, which uses regression therapy as a cover
and front activity and bait.

As this is plainly visible for anyone who cares to look, Dr. Matt
<fie...@robotron.gpcc.itd.umich.edu> obviously falls in the category
described in detail in
- Detecting Criminal Minds By Their Intentional Omission Of Truth
(19 August 2002 - Version 1.2)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.02090...@posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

Koos Nolst Trenite "Cause Trinity"

human rights philosopher and poet

Garth Wallace

Sep 14, 2002, 4:37:36 PM9/14/02
Koos Nolst Trenite wrote:

> fie...@robotron.gpcc.itd.umich.edu (Dr.Matt) wrote in message news:<ne9g9.435$PD3....@news.itd.umich.edu>...
>
>>The name "Koos Nolst Trenite" has been signed to a large number of
>>postings on the internet advocating Hubbard Dianetics and Scientology,
>>using bizarre posting styles and strange content.
>
> The name "Koos Nolst Trenite" has been signed to a large number of
> postings on the internet DENOUNCING AND EXPOSING the bizarre and
> treacherous, fascistic practices and satanic doctrines of Hubbard
> Dianetics and Scientology, which uses regression therapy as a cover
> and front activity and bait.

He also murdered his daughter by drowning her in a bathtub full of
freezing water.

--
Happy denizen of the Nightstar IRC Network
Webcomics discussion: irc://us.nightstar.net/webcomics

The Quick & Dirty Guide to IRC:
http://himi.org/~gwalla/qndguide2irc.html

Koos Nolst Trenite

Sep 15, 2002, 8:05:31 AM9/15/02
The intensely criminally minded poster wrote intentionally criminal
libel, which - on top of that - has nothing to do with the subject
either.

He hates it when severely criminal minds, like his, get exposed, as I
did indicate that I do, in my post
'Writing Technique and Basics of Music - Feeling versus Intelligence'

Exposing criminal minds opposes his very nature. It touches his most
intense and Black hate.

That I can understand such individuals, is entirely due to my complete
lack
of any hate, as I wrote in
'Detecting Criminal Minds By Their Intentional Omission Of Truth'

Koos "Cause"