Feature Request: Rules to sort emails like Outlook can do

ich77

Feb 25, 2011, 7:20:09 AM2/25/11
to K-9 Mail
Hi,

I love the K-9 Mail App and use it often a day. Thank you to all the
developers that perform it and give it for free.

To use it much more efficient I would like to have a rule system like
Outlook, so that I can automaticly put newsletters etc. in different
folders, so that in my inbox (only) are only messages witch are
importent.

Such a feature would be great!!!

Thank you

Markus

Joseph Barlow

Sep 8, 2014, 12:21:44 PM9/8/14
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com, bernd...@googlemail.com
I to would love rules but also to be able to set up rules to delete mail that has a word or phrase in the subject and in the body. By delete I mean delete off the client and the mail server.

Seth Holmes

Sep 8, 2014, 2:54:27 PM9/8/14
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com

This sort of filtering is done much better on the server side if
possible. Then it becomes consistent across multiple e-mail delivery
systems.
> --
> --
>
> ---
> Groups "K-9 Mail" group.
> an email to k-9-mail+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:k-9-mail+u...@googlegroups.com>.

Seth H Holmes
sho...@route-fu.net

Alessandro Miller

Nov 3, 2016, 5:57:06 AM11/3/16
to K-9 Mail
Hi all, it would be nice to have this feature, I need it too.

marshal...@comcast.net

Nov 6, 2016, 12:54:48 PM11/6/16
to K-9 Mail, bernd...@googlemail.com
As a very long-time user of Eudora (still running on Windows 10), I strongly suggest that the rules in Outlook are quite inferior to the filters in Eudora. At work they switched from an internal enterprise server to a cloud server, as part of Outlook 365, which was erratic in its support for POP and IMAP. I was forced to use Outlook and regret it daily.

Ola Thoresen

Nov 6, 2016, 4:43:37 PM11/6/16
to k-9-...@googlegroups.com, marshal...@comcast.net, bernd...@googlemail.com
I think that kind of rules belong on the server, not in the client.
Unless you, for some really odd reasons, use pop3 and your phone as the only client to check your email.

By doing the filtering client side, all your rules will stop being executed when the client is not running, and if you check your mail from different clients, you will have different sets of rules executed if they are not always 100% in sync.

/Ola T