Re: Argox printer problem

Tres Finocchiaro

Sep 30, 2011, 8:38:47 AM9/30/11
to Gurpreet Panesar, jzebra...@googlegroups.com
Grupreet,

Can you explain in detail how you are using jzebra to print a prn file?  It would also help if we have a sample of the prn file.

For example, does the prn file contain barcode only, or all print commands?  Are you generating the prn file, or is it supplied by a 3rd party?

I think we can help.  I'm certain jzebra can help.  Please direct any answers to jzebra...@googlegroups.com.

-Tres

On Sep 30, 2011, at 5:26 AM, "Gurpreet Panesar" <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com> wrote:

<image001.jpg>

Dear Tres,

I need to print the barcode by using .prn file, printer is “Argox OS-2140 PPLA”  it is connected to USB port, server side OS is LINUX and client side OS is windows. I have tried number of code to print barcode, but didn’t get any success, then I get Zebra open source code, when I read the specification it raises my hope. And when i tried this code, it showed me success message but nothing printed out.

Please suggest me what need to try for barcode printing in this scenario.

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

Erik Lukiman

Oct 2, 2011, 10:54:05 PM10/2/11
to jZebra users
Dear Grupreet,

i have using jzebra to print barcode using Intermec PF8t, it works
perfectly. i can print it without using any prn file. i just have to
send the right escape chars and strings to print.

is your printer attached to the client or the server computer ? have
you set the printer name, driver & device path correctly ?
have you set the jzebra correctly ?

Thx
Erik

On Sep 30, 7:38 pm, Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Grupreet,
>
> Can you explain in detail how you are using jzebra to print a prn file?  It would also help if we have a sample of the prn file.
>
> For example, does the prn file contain barcode only, or all print commands?  Are you generating the prn file, or is it supplied by a 3rd party?
>
> I think we can help.  I'm certain jzebra can help.  Please direct any answers to jzebra...@googlegroups.com.
>
> -Tres

Tres Finocchiaro

Oct 7, 2011, 11:54:05 AM10/7/11
to Gurpreet Panesar, jZebra users
Gurpreet,

Good news, your PRN file can be sent to jZebra directly by using the "appendFile()" feature.

Simply replace "zpl.txt" with "barcode.prn"

-Tres

      function printFile() {
         var applet = document.jZebra;
         if (applet != null) {
      // Using jZebra's "appendFile()" function, a file containg your raw EPL/ZPL
      // can be sent directly to the printer
      // Example:
      //     applet.appendFile("http://yoursite/zpllabel.txt"); // ...etc
      applet.appendFile(window.location.href + "/../zpl.txt");
      applet.print();
   }

   monitorPrinting();
      }

-Tres

2011/10/7 Gurpreet Panesar <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com>

Dear Tres,

Sample of prn file is attached, we are using PHP as a server side language. We are using one time generated prn file and read it through PHP and only update the text that need to print rest by keeping the other specification same(means we update the prn file through php).

The prn file contains  size, text and font of printer etc.

Please suggest..

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

Can you explain in detail how you are using jzebra to print a prn file?  It would also help if we have a sample of the prn file.

For example, does the prn file contain barcode only, or all print commands?  Are you generating the prn file, or is it supplied by a 3rd party?

I think we can help.  I'm certain jzebra can help.  Please direct any answers to jzebra...@googlegroups.com.

-Tres

On Sep 30, 2011, at 5:26 AM, "Gurpreet Panesar" <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com> wrote:

<image001.jpg>

Dear Tres,

I need to print the barcode by using .prn file, printer is 鈥淎rgox OS-2140 PPLA? it is connected to USB port, server side OS is LINUX and client side OS is windows. I have tried number of code to print barcode, but didn鈥檛 get any success, then I get Zebra open source code, when I read the specification it raises my hope. And when i tried this code, it showed me success message but nothing printed out.

Please suggest me what need to try for barcode printing in this scenario.

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

Tres Finocchiaro

Oct 10, 2011, 9:27:10 AM10/10/11
to Gurpreet Panesar, jZebra users
Gupreet,

The most common cause is invalid or missing characters in the PRN file.

I noticed the sample that you attached in the original email is missing a newline character or carriage return after the last command.  Is this intentional?

Did you create this file, or is it supplied by a third party? I would recommend doing applet.append("\n"); or equivelant before printing.

-Tres

2011/10/10 Gurpreet Panesar <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com>

Dear Tres,

I am using the same code, It is showing me “Print Successfully” message, but nothing printed out.

Please suggest.

Tres Finocchiaro

Oct 12, 2011, 8:35:04 AM10/12/11
to Gurpreet Panesar, jzebra...@googlegroups.com
Gurpreet,

Some quick research on the internet shows your printer uses PPLZ as a printer language.  I have not heard if this before.

Unfortunately I cannot find a programmers guide for this language.

1.  Can you link a PPLZ guide to the mailing list so that we can further help you?
2.  Who provided you with the PRN file that is supposed to work?  Do they support your model printer.

-Tres

On Oct 12, 2011, at 3:17 AM, "Gurpreet Panesar" <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com> wrote:

Dear Tres,

We have tried to print simple text instead of content of prn file, it showed me the “successful printing” but nothing is printed out from the printer,

We are using “Argox OS-2140” printer. It might be possible, this printer has different instruction set for printing than Zebra.

Tres Finocchiaro

Oct 14, 2011, 8:58:04 AM10/14/11
to Gurpreet Panesar, jzebra...@googlegroups.com
Gurpreet,

Thank you for the PDF attachment.  The guide is very detailed.  Unfortunately this programmers guide offers nothing for RAW file printing.  Do you have a contact a Argox I can speak with?  I would be hard pressed to find out your printer only supports compiled C code to operate.

Also, who provided you with the PRN file?  Is this hardware already working with a legacy system or new to your environment?

-Tres

On Oct 14, 2011, at 4:25 AM, "Gurpreet Panesar" <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com> wrote:

Dear Tres,

Programming guide for this printer is attached.

Please have a look and share your view.

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

Some quick research on the internet shows your printer uses PPLZ as a printer language.  I have not heard if this before.

Unfortunately I cannot find a programmers guide for this language.

1.  Can you link a PPLZ guide to the mailing list so that we can further help you?

2.  Who provided you with the PRN file that is supposed to work?  Do they support your model printer.

-Tres

On Oct 12, 2011, at 3:17 AM, "Gurpreet Panesar" <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com> wrote:

Dear Tres,

We have tried to print simple text instead of content of prn file, it showed me the 鈥渟uccessful printing?but nothing is printed out from the printer,

We are using 鈥淎rgox OS-2140?printer. It might be possible, this printer has different instruction set for printing than Zebra.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

The most common cause is invalid or missing characters in the PRN file.

I noticed the sample that you attached in the original email is missing a newline character or carriage return after the last command.  Is this intentional?

Did you create this file, or is it supplied by a third party? I would recommend doing applet.append("\n"); or equivelant before printing.

-Tres

2011/10/10 Gurpreet Panesar <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com>

Dear Tres,

I am using the same code, It is showing me ?/span>Print Successfully?/span> message, but nothing printed out.

-Tres

2011/10/7 Gurpreet Panesar <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com>

<image001.jpg>

Dear Tres,

I need to print the barcode by using .prn file, printer is 閳ユ穾rgox OS-2140 PPLA?/span>? it is connected to USB port, server side OS is LINUX and client side OS is windows. I have tried number of code to print barcode, but didn閳ユ獩 get any success, then I get Zebra open source code, when I read the specification it raises my hope. And when i tried this code, it showed me success message but nothing printed out.

Please suggest me what need to try for barcode printing in this scenario.

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

<Programming_Guide_V2.pdf>

Tres Finocchiaro

Oct 14, 2011, 1:39:08 PM10/14/11
to Gurpreet Panesar, <jzebra-users@googlegroups.com>
If it is working with windows then that changes things.

Can you try to force Linux to use windows encoding:
  document.jZebra.setEncoding("cp1252");

Or

  document.jZebra.setEncoding("cp866");
-Tres

On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:21 AM, "Gurpreet Panesar" <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com> wrote:

Dear Tres,

I have few more programming guides. Please check the attached document.

Actually this file is working with windows environment, but it is not working in LINUX environment.

Dear Tres,

We have tried to print simple text instead of content of prn file, it showed me the 閳ユ笩uccessful printing?/span>?but nothing is printed out from the printer,

We are using 閳ユ穾rgox OS-2140?/span>?printer. It might be possible, this printer has different instruction set for printing than Zebra.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

The most common cause is invalid or missing characters in the PRN file.

I noticed the sample that you attached in the original email is missing a newline character or carriage return after the last command.  Is this intentional?

Did you create this file, or is it supplied by a third party? I would recommend doing applet.append("\n"); or equivelant before printing.

-Tres

2011/10/10 Gurpreet Panesar <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com>

Dear Tres,

I am using the same code, It is showing me ?/span>?/span>Print Successfully?/span>?/span> message, but nothing printed out.

-Tres

2011/10/7 Gurpreet Panesar <gurpreet...@coxandkings.com>

<image001.jpg>

Dear Tres,

I need to print the barcode by using .prn file, printer is 闁炽儲绌?/span>rgox OS-2140 PPLA?/span>?/span>? it is connected to USB port, server side OS is LINUX and client side OS is windows. I have tried number of code to print barcode, but didn闁炽儲鐛?/span> get any success, then I get Zebra open source code, when I read the specification it raises my hope. And when i tried this code, it showed me success message but nothing printed out.

Please suggest me what need to try for barcode printing in this scenario.

Regards,

Gurpreet Panesar

<Programming_Guide_V2.pdf>

<PT-80_Programming_winCE5.0_V1.pdf>
<PT-60_Basic_Programmin_manual_WinCE5_EN_V12_100107.pdf>