md2 Export Script for Blender 2.5+

Frank

Aug 23, 2011, 4:32:51 AM8/23/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hello,

since the version 2.5 of Blender, the scripting has changed quite a
bit. Hence our old export script did not work anymore. Finally we came
around to providing a new one you can download here:

http://www.junaio.com/publisher/placedmodels

Direct Link:
http://www.junaio.com/publisherDownload/md2_export_Blender2.58.zip

Best,
Frank

Jimmy Gunawan

Aug 23, 2011, 4:49:36 AM8/23/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic. This is exactly what I have been waiting for! Frank, thank you!

---------------------------------
- Jimmy
http://about.me/jimmygunawan/bio
http://www.theloop.com.au/enzyme/resume
http://blendersushi.blogspot.com/

abikounso

Aug 24, 2011, 10:32:40 PM8/24/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Frank,

I installed the md2 export script, but I can't press "Enable Add-On" checkbox.
I would like to know what's the problem is.

Environment
・Windows XP SP3 & Blender 2.58
・Ubuntu 11.04 & Blender 2.59

My install step is the following.
File => User Preferences => Add-Ons => Install Add-On => select "md2_export_Blender2.58.zip"

Regards,
Abikounso

Jimmy Gunawan

Aug 24, 2011, 11:44:47 PM8/24/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Same here. Maybe the script needs to be modified slightly to get that
option to appear.

What I did was to load the script and run it. The option to export MD2
will then appear inside File.

Arthur Badalian

Aug 26, 2011, 12:03:44 AM8/26/11
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Same issue here, any one knows how to enable it?
--
Best,

Arthur Badalian

Frank

Aug 26, 2011, 3:54:28 AM8/26/11
to junaio Augmented Reality platform - Developers
Hey,

there seems to be an issue with the "Add - On" compatibility.
So this is how our modelers do that (I have just been told):

Open the Text-Editor-Window in Blender (could not paste the
screenshot, but click in the lower left corner of a blender window and
you will see the Text-Editor option)
Open the Export Python file you can download here:
http://www.junaio.com/publisherDownload/md2_export_Blender2.58.zip
(same link as above)
Run this script once (Alt + P)
Now you will see in the default export window the option to export to
md2 (File -> Export -> Export to md2)

Hope this helps,
Frank

On Aug 26, 6:03 am, Arthur Badalian <badali...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same issue here, any one knows how to enable it?
>

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Jimmy Gunawan <jimmy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Same here. Maybe the script needs to be modified slightly to get that
> > option to appear.
>
> > What I did was to load the script and run it. The option to export MD2
> > will then appear inside File.
>
> > ---------------------------------
> > - Jimmy
> >http://about.me/jimmygunawan/bio
> >http://www.theloop.com.au/enzyme/resume
> >http://blendersushi.blogspot.com/

Rob

Aug 3, 2012, 5:39:27 PM8/3/12
to junaio-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.
I've tweaked mesh.faces -> mesh.polygons and changed some properties to appear as a checkbox on addons for later Blender versions (tested on 2.63).
io_export_md2.py