froyo released for moto droid

Hyatari

Jun 5, 2010, 9:47:28 PM6/5/10
to JuiceDefender
They released froyo over at mydroidworld.com. its pretty nice. Crazy
benchmark scores with 1.2 kernel and jit. Jd doesn't work with it tho.
There is now an option to turn mobile data off in the settings page. I
dunno if u will try to get it to work with this build or not mark but
I'm just lettin u know its there.

Joe Betsill

Jun 6, 2010, 8:10:34 AM6/6/10
to juiced...@googlegroups.com

Odd, I just updated to froyo with the 1.1GHz kernel with wifi fix and jd seems to work.

Hyatari

Jun 6, 2010, 1:24:04 PM6/6/10
to JuiceDefender
Are u on a cdma phone?

On Jun 6, 7:10 am, Joe Betsill <joebets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Odd, I just updated to froyo with the 1.1GHz kernel with wifi fix and jd
> seems to work.

Joe Betsill

Jun 6, 2010, 1:59:09 PM6/6/10
to juiced...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, moto droid.

Hyatari

Jun 6, 2010, 2:57:00 PM6/6/10
to JuiceDefender
When u do the setup tho doesn't cm helper fail? I wouldn't think apn
control would work. I'll try it again.

On Jun 6, 12:59 pm, Joe Betsill <joebets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, moto droid.

Joe Betsill

Jun 6, 2010, 8:58:15 PM6/6/10
to juiced...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.. well, that explains it. I did a titanium backup/restore so save
myself a crap ton of downloading.

I already had cm helper installed, the setup skipped that part and
just went to the apn test, which passed.

Maybe that's the trick.

Hyatari

Jun 6, 2010, 9:18:12 PM6/6/10
to JuiceDefender
Cool, ya I had a cm helper backup too but never restored it. It works
now thx.

Mark Lowne

Jun 7, 2010, 8:12:39 AM6/7/10
to JuiceDefender
WHAT!!1!eleven No way, that's impossible.

Are you guys saying that CM helper install fails BUT if it's installed
already setup passes the 'APN (root method)' test?

Or (I certainly hope so) is it just the mundane 'APN' (a.k.a. non-root-
method) test?

If the former: how did you manually install CM helper? Did you send JD
logs for the CM-install-fail thing?
If the latter: this is incredibly good news! But it's kinda lame that
it's only hypothetical :)

Lemme know!!!one

(also: does this ROM have a source repo? pretty please *blink blink*?)

Joe Betsill

Jun 7, 2010, 8:28:18 AM6/7/10
to juiced...@googlegroups.com
I thought it would be good news, but my good friend context clues is telling me otherwise.

Yes, JD fails (or so I hear, I never gave it the chance) to install CM Helper, but if it is installed already, JD works fine on the leaked froyo (2.2) android. I really hate having to re-download everything so I make a habit of backing up everything before I do a system wipe. (via Titanium Backup) Since CM Helper is an app, it, too, got backed up and subsequently restored-- no muss, no fuss.  I can only assume that JD looks for it during the setup process-- so it found it and went on it's way.  To be clear, I am talking about a CDMA Moto Droid using the root method of APN control.

Sadly, no source repo that I know of, it comes to the huddled masses in the form of a nandroid backup-- hence why I had to wipe everything.
If you have any more questions, lemme know.

marklowne

Jun 7, 2010, 8:57:03 AM6/7/10
to juicedefender
So we're in the "impossible" situation.

To be a believer, I need
a) a setup log *without* CM helper installed to see its installation
miserably fail
b) a setup log *with* CM helper pre-installed via backup to see APN
(root method) succeed.

Joe, I guess you can do the a) part too by uninstalling CM helper
manually temporarily ;)

Also, I guess 1.6.0 won't work for you guys since it requires updating
the helper... Ain't it a good reason to help me fix the CM helper
installation? ;) ;)
I hope the problem is caused by the JIT compiler - then increasing the
timeouts should be enough; if 2.2 changed the way apps are installed
(which is also the case, because of the whole install-to-SD thing),
it's going to be a tough one.

Joe Betsill

Jun 7, 2010, 9:22:25 AM6/7/10
to juiced...@googlegroups.com
It is done.

ratson

Jun 7, 2010, 9:25:36 AM6/7/10
to JuiceDefender
Mark: JD works perfectly on my Froyo N1 although CM helper fails to
install of course. (and 1.5.9 had the problem with not restored 3G
connections i've mentioned)
but i also find it a good idea to utilize Froyo's built in mobile data
disable feature.
please let me know if i can help you out somehow.

rs

On jún. 7, 14:57, marklowne <marklo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So we're in the "impossible" situation.
>
> To be a believer, I need
> a) a setup log *without* CM helper installed to see its installation
> miserably fail
> b) a setup log *with* CM helper pre-installed via backup to see APN
> (root method) succeed.
>
> Joe, I guess you can do the a) part too by uninstalling CM helper
> manually temporarily ;)
>
> Also, I guess 1.6.0 won't work for you guys since it requires updating
> the helper... Ain't it a good reason to help me fix the CM helper
> installation? ;) ;)
> I hope the problem is caused by the JIT compiler - then increasing the
> timeouts should be enough; if 2.2 changed the way apps are installed
> (which is also the case, because of the whole install-to-SD thing),
> it's going to be a tough one.
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Joe Betsill <joebets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I thought it would be good news, but my good friend context clues is telling
> > me otherwise.
>
> > Yes, JD fails (or so I hear, I never gave it the chance) to install CM
> > Helper, but if it is installed already, JD works fine on the leaked froyo
> > (2.2) android. I really hate having to re-download everything so I make a
> > habit of backing up everything before I do a system wipe. (via Titanium
> > Backup) Since CM Helper is an app, it, too, got backed up and subsequently
> > restored-- no muss, no fuss.  I can only assume that JD looks for it during
> > the setup process-- so it found it and went on it's way.  To be clear, I am
> > talking about a CDMA Moto Droid using the root method of APN control.
>
> > Sadly, no source repo that I know of, it comes to the huddled masses in the
> > form of a nandroid backup-- hence why I had to wipe everything.
> > If you have any more questions, lemme know.

Joe Betsill

Jun 7, 2010, 9:33:46 AM6/7/10
to juiced...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I didn't notice they added that function.  Looks like JD might be back on the non-rooted table with Froyo.  Just for the record, my CDMA phone also has this function, and it works as expected.

CVhovey

Jun 7, 2010, 12:13:32 PM6/7/10
to JuiceDefender
First loaded JD159 when running Cyanogenmod on my rooted Droid. After
flashing the Froyo 2.2 leak for the Droid, JD was restored from a
Titanium backup and has been working fine. And it would go through the
setup process no problem.

However, with JD160, I tried it different ways:
--If CM helper was present, setup reported: Error installing AOSP
helper / APN Control doesn't work.
--If removed CM helper, setup reported: Error installing AOSP helper /
Error testing APN control

Fortunately I was able to restore JD159 with Titanium, so can at least
run that for the time being.

Jake Penumbra

Jun 7, 2010, 3:32:31 PM6/7/10
to JuiceDefender
I also can confirm that JD159 is working on my 2.2 leak Droid, through
the restoration of a pre-2.2 CM helper backup just before installation
of JD. I'm reading about issues with it turning the 3G back on, and I
gather that this is a N1 issue, but wanted to add that I am not having
that issue with 2.2 Droid.

Anything you'd like me to do by way of testing/helping, please let me
know!