What news topics should be covered? For #NCMR13 panel

Josh Wilson, Newsdesk.org

Apr 3, 2013, 6:53:05 PM4/3/13
to jtm...@googlegroups.com
Hello JTM folks …

Can you help crowd-source some local/regional news topics that would be worthy of fundraising for? The survey is here … please check it out and click happily!

    http://www.allourideas.org/newsfunders/

So far it looks like our top news beats are more-or-less the following:
  • Human Rights and Civil Liberties
  • Energy and Climate Change
  • Pollution & Public Health
  • Open Government, FOIA, Watchdogs & Whistleblowers
This is for a project called Newsfunders.org, which I am excited to be launching it THIS FRIDAY on the 10am journalism-funding panel at #NCMR13.

The funding we raise will benefit reporters in two new journalism networks: The Media Consortium and the Investigative News Network.

If you want to help promote the website and the poll, there is a tweet and a FB status update below that might work for you.

- Josh Wilson
Project Coordinator, Newsfunders.org
A 501(c)(3) project of Independent Arts & Media

TWEETABLE

VOTE for Top 3 news beats, @Newsfunders will raise $20K each for nonprofit reporters http://allourideas.org/newsfunders/

FACEBOOKABLE

Newsfunders is a new tool to give more power to underserved communities AND to underpaid reporters. Launch is on Friday, April 5, at #NCMR13! You can set the news agenda by VOTING on priority news beats (topics), and by suggesting new beats. Newsfunders will announce the top 3 news beats on April 5, and then LAUNCH our campaign to recruit 1,000 donors per beat giving $20 each, netting $20K per beat for public-interest reporters. Details, plus infinite voting, here: http://newsfunders.org/