Fwd: Solutions Journalism Network - applications for climate change stories

Peggy Holman

May 6, 2013, 12:45:23 PM5/6/13
to JTMlist
Hi all,

A heads up from the newly formed Solutions Journalism Network, (SJN).  If you are interested in applying for $5,000 in reporting support for stories related to climate change, information follows.

David Bornstein, who is the founder of SJN, is the author of How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas.  And he writes for the Fixes blog for the New York Times website.

Peggy

__________________________________
Peggy Holman
Journalism that Matters
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
Twitter: @peggyholman
JTM Twitter: @JTMStream

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kerrin Stokes <kerrin...@gmail.com>
Subject: Solutions Journalism Network
Date: May 3, 2013 11:19:46 AM PDT

Hello!

We wanted to share with you the launch of Solution Journalism Network's first Story Fund for Climate Change.  Applications are being accepted now.

If you'd like to receive more updates like this, feel free to sign up to our monthly newsletter where we will be sharing more announcements about fellowships, and other big news.

Please feel free to forward to any journalist who might be interested in applying for up to $5,000 in reporting support.

Have a great weekend,

Keri Stokes, Administrative Director

From: Solutions Journalism Network <ad...@solutionsjournalism.org>
Date: April 22, 2013 10:49:45 AM EDT

Have you seen a great Solutions Journalism story lately?Tweet us! @soljourno
View this email in your browser

Now Open: Our Fund for Climate Change Reporting!

At the Solutions Journalism Network, we're working to change the way journalism is done, catalyzing rigorous and compelling reporting about responses to social problems.  One big way we're doing that is to directly support the work of journalists who want to pursue great solutions stories.  So, we're excited to announce the launch of our first SJN Story Fund -- for reporting on climate change.

The fund, presented in partnership with the Rockefeller Foundation, opens today.  Until May 20, we'll accept applications for support of reporting projects focused on scientific, technological, commercial, or policy responses to environmental, economic, and social challenges posed by the long-term warming of the Earth.  Specifically, we're interested in strategies to build resilience of countries, cities, and communities in the face of our changing climate.

For projects we select, we'll pay up to $5,000 in expenses.  Journalists selected for awards will receive an orientation in solutions journalism and will benefit from ongoing mentorship from leading journalists and access to story-sourcing tools.  They also will get assistance, as needed, placing and publicizing their work through our network, website, and partnerships.

You can apply to the SJN Story Fund for Climate Change Reporting here. Learn more about our story funds here.

From the SolJourno blog...

"The whole story: missed opportunity in coverage of Majora Carter"
Systemic analysis, not individual take downs, are what teach us the most about social change. [Read more...]
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Email
Email
YouTube
YouTube
Copyright © 2013 Solutions Journalism Network, All rights reserved.
Just a reminder that you’re receiving this email because you subscribed via our website, or because you've asked to receive occasional information about what we're up to.

Our mailing address is:
Solutions Journalism Network
148 West 77th Street, 4B
New York, NY 10024

Add us to your address book
unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp