Failure to see stacktraces in Eclipse plug-in (OSX, Safari, Firefox, Chrome)

Mikko Ohtamaa

Aug 20, 2011, 10:47:32 AM8/20/11
to JsTestDriver
I fail to get stack traces in JsTestDrive view on OSX. However, I do
get them on another OSX computer, so I know they should be there, but
I am not sure if the browser configuration is quite the same.

I am using OSX Snow Leopard and have tried JsTestDriver plug-in with
both Aptana Studio 2 and Aptana Studio 3, so it cannot be Eclipse
version which is identical to the another computer.

The test output window gives partial output depending on the browser

On Firefox 6 I get only a flag whether a test succeeded or failed, not
even assert output which assert failed or stacktrace.

On Chrome 15 I get only a flag whether a test succeeded or failed, not
even assert output which assert failed or stacktrace.

On Safari 5.1 I get assertation output and exception message, but no
stack trace where the exception actually happened.

What could be eating stacktraces on this particular OSX computer?

jhuesos

Aug 22, 2011, 4:34:21 PM8/22/11
to JsTestDriver
I am having the same problem with Aptana in Linux with Firefox 5/6.

Any idea?

Cory Smith

Aug 22, 2011, 5:43:55 PM8/22/11
to js-test...@googlegroups.com
Firefox 5 seems odd.

Firefox 6 and Chrome 14 seem to be a case of shifting specs. Looks like the exception object is no longer enumerated the same way. :p

So much for the generic solution.