Strange behaviour in Firefox

alejandro...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2011, 11:02:37 AM3/23/11
to js-code-prettifier
Hi there,

I just realized while I was cross-browser testing that in Firefox if
text is too long no horizontal bar is created and it appears behind
blog text. You can see this here with Firefox:

http://internetmosquito.blogspot.com/2011/03/adding-syntax-highlighting-in-blogger.html

Is this normal? I've digged in the project page looking for anything
related with scroll bars and can't find anything....

Thanks and regards,
Alex

Mike Samuel

Mar 23, 2011, 8:16:57 PM3/23/11
to js-code-p...@googlegroups.com, alejandro...@gmail.com
2011/3/23 alejandro...@gmail.com <alejandro...@gmail.com>:

Are you specifying the CSS overflow or overflow-x properties in your
stylesheets?
If so, you can change that to overflow:auto which allows scrollbars
when required but not otherwise.
pre { whitespace: pre-wrap } can also be judiciously applied to
certain kinds of embedded code samples.

> Thanks and regards,
> Alex

alejandro...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2011, 3:58:02 AM3/24/11
to js-code-prettifier
Hey Mike,

I'm not specifying anything, just using the one hosted in the repo
this way:

<link href="http://google-code-prettify.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/
prettify.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://google-code-
prettify.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/prettify.js"> </script>

I don't have a real place to store files, that's why I'm using
directly the version in the trunk...Anyway, I had a look at
prettify.css and can't find any "overflow" property...

Regards,
Alex

On Mar 24, 1:16 am, Mike Samuel <mikesam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/3/23 alejandrovillama...@gmail.com <alejandrovillama...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi there,
>
> > I just realized while I was cross-browser testing that in Firefox if
> > text is too long no horizontal bar is created and it appears behind
> > blog text. You can see this here with Firefox:
>
> >http://internetmosquito.blogspot.com/2011/03/adding-syntax-highlighti...

alejandro...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2011, 5:09:48 AM3/24/11
to js-code-prettifier