Proposed removal of accurateIntersection option in Sortables

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Paul Bakaus

未读,
2009年2月21日 04:37:002009/2/21
收件人 jQuery Google Groups
Hey everyone,

we recently had the discussion already about hat to do with the accurateIntersection option in Sortables. For those that don't know
the specifics, the only change this option brings is that if set to true, outerWidth/outerHeight is used instead of offsetWidth/offsetHeight
for offset calculations.

Now it seems that jQuery UI 1. 7 will most likely include jQuery 1.3.2, which brings major performance gains in the outerHeight/outerWidth
methods, so I propose we remove the option entirely for 1.7 already (and default to using the outer* methods).

--
Paul Bakaus
UI Architect

Richard D. Worth

未读,
2009年2月21日 06:50:152009/2/21
收件人 jquery...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 4:37 AM, Paul Bakaus <paul....@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hey everyone,

we recently had the discussion already about hat to do with the accurateIntersection option in Sortables. For those that don't know
the specifics, the only change this option brings is that if set to true, outerWidth/outerHeight is used instead of offsetWidth/offsetHeight
for offset calculations.

Now it seems that jQuery UI 1. 7 will most likely include jQuery 1.3.2, which brings major performance gains in the outerHeight/outerWidth
methods, so I propose we remove the option entirely for 1.7 already (and default to using the outer* methods).

+1

- Richard

Scott González

未读,
2009年2月21日 07:41:352009/2/21
收件人 jquery...@googlegroups.com
+1

Just tested this in Firefox 3 and IE 6, the performance is much better.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 4:37 AM, Paul Bakaus <paul....@googlemail.com> wrote:

Eduardo Lundgren

未读,
2009年2月22日 00:01:132009/2/22