Eating mouse click after dragging interferes with cursorAt and handle options of sortable

Antonin Hildebrand

Jan 26, 2009, 4:46:43 PM1/26/09
to jQuery UI Development
This thread talks about eating final click after dragging stops:
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-ui-dev/browse_thread/thread/932a7d8ba2bd24e2/b876341a7a603da2

This is implemented in current codebase in ui.core.js in _mouseUp by
setting _preventClickEvent = true.

Imagine what happens if final click is not fired for some reason...
The property prevents next ordinal user click, which is really
annoying.

This situation happens for me, when I set cursorAt: { top: 5, left:
5 } and maybe it is also related to my handle option setting. I guess
final click event is not fired because mouseup is fired on different
element than mousedown. This behavior is consistent in latest webkit,
minefield and opera.

I think logic preventing click event should take this into account or
there should be simpler timeout based implementation. E.g. wait for
final click for 200ms and then clear the flag anyway.

regards,
Antonin

Scott González

Feb 13, 2009, 11:28:34 PM2/13/09