jQuery UI tabs event collision with prototype.

Jonathan

May 20, 2009, 1:53:02 PM5/20/09
to jQuery UI Development
Hey all,

I'm working in a pretty high-conflict project (we use prototype and
jQuery and up until a few weeks ago had mootools too... don't ask) and
anyway I ran into a conflict working with the jQuery UI tabs.

prototype extends the base Object with a "select" method.
Unfortunately jQuery UI tabs uses "select" as it's event name so the
following code in ui.tabs.js is calling prototypes Enumerables.findAll
() resulting in an iterator.bind error.

self._trigger('select', null, self._ui(this, $show[0])) === false).

I fixed this in my project by just changing select to select_tab, just
thought i'd share if anyone else has to work with prototype.

Scott González

May 20, 2009, 2:38:08 PM5/20/09
to jquery...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a bug with jQuery UI Tabs not defining a default value of null for the select option.

Scott González

Jun 20, 2009, 9:20:17 AM6/20/09
to jquery...@googlegroups.com
This should be fixed in trunk.  I didn't test with Prototype, but there is now a default value of null for the select option, so _trigger shouldn't attempt to run Prototype's select method anymore.