Major problem in OS4

Pred

Jun 22, 2010, 5:17:19 AM6/22/10
to jQTouch
Hi,
Since OS4 came out our app stopped working. It simply crashes on
shortly after everything has loaded. There were no problems before.
The timing is ridiculous since the deadline is tomorrow and there is
probably no time to find out what caused it. Anyone here with similar
problem?

Rob Tweed

Jun 22, 2010, 5:42:46 AM6/22/10
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
Since I'd guess it probably works quite happily on desktop Safari + Web Inspector, you're only approach is likely to be adding alerts throughout the code to isolate the offending line(s) that cause crash(es) under iOS4.  I have to admit the reason I haven't yet upgraded my iPhone yet to iOS4 is the almost certain knowledge that I'll see problems in my jQTouch-related stuff!

--
Rob Tweed
Director

------------------
iWD: build iPhone Apps faster :
http://www.mgateway.com/iwd.html

Pred

Jun 22, 2010, 6:06:02 AM6/22/10
to jQTouch
I found the problem alot faster then I expected. It appears a iframe
was causing the problem. Now I just have to find another way to load
the google map.

On Jun 22, 11:42 am, Rob Tweed <rob.tw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since I'd guess it probably works quite happily on desktop Safari + Web
> Inspector, you're only approach is likely to be adding alerts throughout the
> code to isolate the offending line(s) that cause crash(es) under iOS4.  I
> have to admit the reason I haven't yet upgraded my iPhone yet to iOS4 is the
> almost certain knowledge that I'll see problems in my jQTouch-related stuff!
>
> On 22 June 2010 10:17, Pred <stefsc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Since OS4 came out our app stopped working. It simply crashes on
> > shortly after everything has loaded. There were no problems before.
> > The timing is ridiculous since the deadline is tomorrow and there is
> > probably no time to find out what caused it. Anyone here with similar
> > problem?
>
> --
> Rob Tweed
> Director
> M/Gateway Developments Ltdhttp://www.mgateway.com

Andy Fuchs

Jun 22, 2010, 7:08:31 AM6/22/10
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
No problem at all - all my apps continue to run fine (even a little faster)

a.

C-Man Blues

Jun 26, 2010, 5:02:50 PM6/26/10
to jQTouch
Hmm, strange. I have the same problem with my jqtouch app under iOS
4.0. I posted the issue under http://code.google.com/p/jqtouch/issues/detail?id=400
The strange thing is, that I tried the demo app "clock" of jqtouch and
it does not work under iOS 4.0 too. It also crashes when launched from
the home screen.

Any ideas?

Chris

On 22 Jun., 13:08, Andy Fuchs <a...@elgato.com> wrote:
> No problem at all - all my apps continue to run fine (even a little faster)
>
> a.
>
> On 22.06.10 11:17, "Pred" <stefsc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > Since OS4 came out our app stopped working. It simply crashes on
> > shortly after everything has loaded. There were no problems before.
> > The timing is ridiculous since the deadline is tomorrow and there is
> > probably no time to find out what caused it. Anyone here with similar
> > problem?- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Rex

Jun 27, 2010, 3:58:17 PM6/27/10
to jQTouch
If you have a jailbroken phone that's the problem. The last version of
redsnow and Pwnage tool, in some way had a problem and all webapps
launched form home screen do not work. If you try with the redsnow
0.9.5b5-3 or pwnage tool 4.0 the previous ones ... you will see that
everything works.

On 26 Giu, 23:02, C-Man Blues <christoph.seem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, strange. I have the same problem with my jqtouch app under iOS
> 4.0. I posted the issue underhttp://code.google.com/p/jqtouch/issues/detail?id=400

Bruno Alexandre

Jun 27, 2010, 4:27:24 PM6/27/10
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
That's good o know ...

though I never jailbreak my iPhone, my did that to the iPad, and works fine ...

of course, it's 3.1.3 and not 4.x :)

Bruno Alexandre
[web] www.balexandre.com
[twitter] http://twitter.com/balexandre

C-Man Blues

Jun 28, 2010, 4:38:47 PM6/28/10
to jQTouch
@Rex
You are right! I had a custom firmware made with PWNAge Tool 4.01 on
my 3GS. I had the opportunity yesterday to check on a "normal" iOS 4.0
3GS. There everything worked. So I thought: OK lets try sn0wbreeze if
PWNAge has the problem. So I made a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze
1.6.1 and after restoring my iPhone with this firmware launching my
app from the home-screen worked without a problem. But then, some
configurating steps later, it does not work anymore! The one thing
which I think could be responsible is, that I started Cydia, updated
it, installed SBSettings and 3G Unrestrictor. (The other things I did
where syncing music, podcasts and apps.)
So it seems that there is a problem with Cydia somehow...
Any idea, or better: Do you have any ressource where this "webapps do
not work in fullscreen with jailbreak"-thing is discussed? I have not
found anything, but maybe I could contribute there.

thx!
> > > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

C-Man Blues

Jul 1, 2010, 4:04:50 AM7/1/10
to jQTouch
Here is little update, I got some new infos. I have spoken with some
people at irc.saurik.com/#iphone any everyone with a jailbroken iOS
4.0 has the problem. I also talked to some other people in forums. And
I also did some restores of my iPhone...
The thing is:
A newly jailbroken iOS 4.0 3GS with custom firmwares from PWNAge Tool
4.01 and sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 has no problems with jqtouch-apps from the
home screen at all UNTIL Cydia is launched for the first time! It then
initialises itself and loads some updates. From that moment on, the
apps crash.
So it has something to do with Cydia it seems... But maybe jqtouch has
to be adapted somehow, I can not say...

C-Man

Brian Lyscarz

Jul 1, 2010, 4:12:24 AM7/1/10
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
Pretty cool, so we could do a "this app doesnt run on jailbroken devices" if we find the problem causing it and use it as a tricker :)

/b