Form page jumps to first field

GD

Jun 28, 2010, 11:30:30 AM6/28/10
to jQTouch
I'm not sure if this is because I upgraded to OS 4 or what.

I have my mobile app index that lists 5 pages, each have a form on
it. It seems when I click any one of the links to go to a form, every
2 or 3 times (it's random), the form will load, but then you'll see
the first form field focus for a second, like you tapped it, and the
keyboard will pop up.

I looked on Safari and everything seems to work fine there, but that
might not be the best way to test outside my iPhone.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks!

Dan

GD

Jun 28, 2010, 5:28:23 PM6/28/10
to jQTouch
I just had my sister check her iPhone (she hadn't upgraded yet to OS
4) and she said she couldn't reproduce this bug.

I was just about to release this to a few clients for testing and was
hoping (what I thought would take a few days but turned out to be more
like a few weeks!) to be done with it.

Has anyone else noticed any issues with forms loading and focusing to
a form field?

You can see app here: http://tinyurl.com/294eh7n

Dan

GD

Jul 12, 2010, 5:29:59 PM7/12/10
to jQTouch
Can anyone confirm this is happening on their device and/or know what
might be causing this?

Marco Fucci

Jul 13, 2010, 11:58:13 AM7/13/10
to jQTouch
yep, I have the same problem with my iphone 4, it's really random.
Haven't had time to find out why, I'm going to test it on my old
iphone 2g at some point.

I'll let you know.

---- http://www.marcofucci.com

GD

Jul 21, 2010, 8:26:43 AM7/21/10
to jQTouch
Hi Marco,

Have you had a chance to test your other device? Actually, I know it
will probably work. I had my sister test on her 3GS (she didn't
install OS 4 yet). So I know it's an OS 4 thing. I don't even know
why it would be doing the jumping, especially so randomly. If it was
persistent, then that might be more telling....

Dan

On Jul 13, 11:58 am, Marco Fucci <marcofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yep, I have the same problem with my iphone 4, it's really random.
> Haven't had time to find out why, I'm going to test it on my old
> iphone 2g at some point.
>
> I'll let you know.
>
> ----http://www.marcofucci.com
>
> On Jul 12, 10:29 pm, GD <galfanodes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone confirm this is happening on their device and/or know what
> > might be causing this?
>
> > On Jun 28, 5:28 pm, GD <galfanodes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I just had my sister check her iPhone (she hadn't upgraded yet to OS
> > > 4) and she said she couldn't reproduce this bug.
>
> > > I was just about to release this to a few clients for testing and was
> > > hoping (what I thought would take a few days but turned out to be more
> > > like a few weeks!) to be done with it.
>
> > > Has anyone else noticed any issues with forms loading and focusing to
> > > aformfield?
>
> > > You can see app here:http://tinyurl.com/294eh7n
>
> > > Dan

GD

Jul 21, 2010, 11:23:19 AM7/21/10
to jQTouch
Hmm... Just upgraded to OS 4.0.1 and it seems to have resolved this.
Can anyone confirm? Or do you still see any jumping?

Thanks!

Dan

On Jul 21, 8:26 am, GD <galfanodes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> Have you had a chance to test your other device?  Actually, I know it
> will probably work. I had my sister test on her 3GS (she didn't
> install OS 4 yet).  So I know it's an OS 4 thing.  I don't even know
> why it would be doing the jumping, especially so randomly.  If it was
> persistent, then that might be more telling....
>
> Dan
>
> On Jul 13, 11:58 am, Marco Fucci <marcofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > yep, I have the same problem with my iphone 4, it's really random.
> > Haven't had time to find out why, I'm going to test it on my old
> > iphone 2g at some point.
>
> > I'll let you know.
>
> > ----http://www.marcofucci.com
>
> > On Jul 12, 10:29 pm, GD <galfanodes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Can anyone confirm this is happening on their device and/or know what
> > > might be causing this?

Lucas

Jul 29, 2010, 6:51:21 PM7/29/10
to jQTouch
Quickly tapping on the anchor causes this to happen. If you hold it
briefly instead of tapping it, this doesn't happen. I haven't tested
this on 4.01 yet.

GD

Jul 30, 2010, 6:36:11 PM7/30/10
to jQTouch
Hmm. I am on 4.0.1 and running your method seems to show same
results. I guess I'm just too...tappy?

Marco Fucci

Jul 31, 2010, 10:34:52 AM7/31/10
to jQTouch
Tested on iOS 4 and iPhone OS 3.2, keyboard showing up randomly and it
doesn't seem to matter if you hold the anchor briefly.
Everything's fine on the iPhone Simulator though.

Quite tricky to hack.

Marco Fucci

Aug 13, 2010, 6:27:49 AM8/13/10
to jQTouch
I've been hacking jqtouch for a few hours and that's what I've found:

- if you hold the anchor briefly it DOES work as Lucas said
- if you increase the timeout before adding the 'start' class to the
pages in jqtouch.js it works fine.
In other words in animatePages search for this line:
setTimeout(function(){
toPage.addClass('start');
fromPage.addClass('start');
}, 0);

and increase the value to 300.
It seems like there might be dependencies between different pieces
of code.
- In my case I have a list of elements and each one has two links to a
page form in float. The left link works fine whilst the right one does
focus on the first input of the form. In addition, the problem
disappears after the third element of the list. Still not sure what it
means.

Please let me know if you have an idea on how/why they are connected,
I'll try to create a test page if I have time.

Cheers,
Marco

Marco Fucci

Aug 17, 2010, 5:30:37 PM8/17/10
to jQTouch
Just opened a ticket on GitHub with a test page:

http://github.com/senchalabs/jQTouch/issues/issue/60

GD

Aug 20, 2010, 11:35:53 AM8/20/10
to jQTouch
Thanks for keeping up on this Marco! I appreciate it!