ibutton

Excell

Mar 28, 2010, 11:55:08 AM3/28/10
to jQTouch
Hi all

I have been trying to get the ibutton plug-in working

but just cant seem to get it to work

has anyone had any success with this

is it just me maybe

Thanks

Excell(Roger)

Nimbus Software

Mar 28, 2010, 2:32:07 PM3/28/10
to jQTouch
What are or are not the symptoms?

Nimbus Software

Mar 28, 2010, 2:53:14 PM3/28/10
to jQTouch
Also, which version of jQT are you using?

Excell

Mar 28, 2010, 8:15:56 PM3/28/10
to jQTouch
version is
$Revision: 109 $
$Date: 2009-10-06 12:23:30 -0400 (Tue, 06 Oct 2009) $
$LastChangedBy: davidcolbykaneda $

The slider on the check box does not slide
It tries to but remains in the off position

I have used the following code
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--//
// on DOM ready
$(document).ready(function (){

$("#iButton").iButton();
});
//-->
</script>

<label for="iButton">
E-mail notifications
</label>
<input type="checkbox" id="iButton" value="false" checked="checked"/

The button remains in the off position

Nimbus Software

Mar 28, 2010, 8:47:16 PM3/28/10
to jQTouch
This might be it: When a checkbox is checked the value of the control
is true. You have '...value="false" checked="checked"'. You're giving
the computer conflicting instructions. We all know what happened when
HAL was given conflicting directives. Try just 'value="false"' and see
what happens.
djp

Excell

Mar 28, 2010, 8:50:58 PM3/28/10
to jQTouch
Tried that and it has the same result

It works on a page with out the JQT library, maybe there is some
conflict ?

Excell

Mar 29, 2010, 12:17:08 PM3/29/10
to jQTouch
Sledge hammer and nut

I just worked out that there is a slider check box in the JTQ

so don't need all the extra libraries

no need to bind anything either

Thanks for the help anyway

Excell(roger)

Nimbus Software

Mar 29, 2010, 7:04:13 PM3/29/10
to jQTouch
I prefer a wrecking ball to a sledge hammer.
If you sequence the includes this way the button works:

<!--required for jQTouch-->
<script src="lib/jqtouch/jquery.1.3.2.min.js" type="application/x-
javascript"></script>
<script src="lib/jqtouch/jqtouch.js" type="application/x-
javascript"></script>
jqtouch.css";</style>
apple/theme.css";</style>

<!--required for jquery.ibutton-->
<script src="lib/jquery.ibutton.js" type="application/x-
javascript"></script>
jquery.ibutton.css";></style>

Remember, all jqtouch code first and extensions and add-ons next.
BTW, did you get the ibutton on the right side?

Nimbus Software

Mar 29, 2010, 8:21:22 PM3/29/10
to jQTouch
RE: "BTW, did you get the ibutton on the right side? "
Nevermind. This works:
type="checkbox" id="iButton" value="true" /></span>

Excell

Mar 29, 2010, 10:14:07 PM3/29/10
to jQTouch
I never used the ibutton anyway to be honest.

Just used the JTQ toggle class does exactly what I need it to do

Excell

Mar 30, 2010, 2:59:38 PM3/30/10
to jQTouch
Have to say as my friend pointed out today the built in (checkbox) you
cant slide

like the iphone !