How to dynamically open a link with rel="external"

DaveMcL

Dec 10, 2009, 12:00:41 PM12/10/09
to jQTouch
Ok, so in my jQTouch app I have a form that users can fill out. When
they click Submit, I'd like to forward them to a link that is
constructed using what they put into the form.

It's working just fine, but I have to send them to a new website and
would therefore prefer to have it open in Safari (and not within my
app). How can I add rel="external" to the link?

I'm pretty new to PHP (and don't know too much Javascript, for that
matter...but so far I'm doing ok), and this is what I'm currently
using. The form variables are sent to this page using POST:

<?php
if ($_POST["term"]) {
$showterm = $_POST['term'];
$showindex = $_POST['index'];
printf("<script>location.href='http://www.myotherserver.com/cat.cfm?
search=1&$showindex=$showterm'</script>");
}
?>

DaveMcL

Dec 14, 2009, 9:53:15 AM12/14/09
to jQTouch
Maybe I'm asking this in the wrong place, but does anyone know if this
is possible? I suppose you can tell I'm rather new to php (and
javascript). Thanks in advance!

David Kaneda

Dec 14, 2009, 12:10:11 PM12/14/09
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
Find a way to target with jQuery (like $('#mylink)) and trigger a tap-

$('#mylink').tap();

or even $('#mylink').click()