Hiding floaty initially to use as Alert

jackb

Feb 6, 2010, 9:19:34 PM2/6/10
to jQTouch
How do I initially hide the floaty? I want to use it as an Alert (to
avoid the generic Title bar, which apparently only Osama Bin Laden and
Dick Cheney can change). I see the following potential code in another
post, but I have no idea how to implement it.

$('.floaty').makeFloaty({time: '1s'}).hideFloaty();

Thanks, One Mystery After 'Nuther (God I love this shit, since 1992)

Ryan Rauh

Feb 7, 2010, 11:28:47 AM2/7/10
to jqt...@googlegroups.com
http://rauhski.blogspot.com/2010/02/part-2-of-3-of-writing-fubutodo-app.html

This may help. Take not of the mobile.js JavaScript. I'm hiding the
floaty right away. And then I have to divs in my main template that
are both floaty one success and one error so that one is red and the
other green.

I then send all my jain result to handleJsonResult and I'm doing a
fadeIn/fadeOut with jQuery

Hope this help. Leave a comment on blog if you need any other help

Sent from my iPhone

jackb

Feb 15, 2010, 7:26:40 PM2/15/10
to jQTouch
Ryan,
I think I got it with just JS. On an iPhone see
http://s91524683.onlinehome.us/mobile/demos/ext_floaty/index.html
1) Added your function with the 'hide' method:
jQuery(function() {
$('.floaty').makeFloaty({ align: 'bottom', spacing: 30 }).hide();
});

2) Added this function to call the floaty when needed:
function dispfloaty(){
$('.floaty').makeFloaty({ align: 'top', spacing: 30 });
return false;
};
Thanks, Jack

brente

Feb 15, 2010, 10:57:10 PM2/15/10
to jQTouch
UBER NICE JACK !! Very cool. Thank you !

On Feb 15, 4:26 pm, jackb <jackbelli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ryan,

> I think I got it with just JS. On an iPhone seehttp://s91524683.onlinehome.us/mobile/demos/ext_floaty/index.html

steveg