Trucker Implementation of jPlayer

Trucker

Apr 11, 2011, 6:26:41 PM4/11/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
My band Trucker just launched our implementation of jPlayer and we're
pretty proud of our little baby.

Using a tabbed interface, we display all the albums we have released
to date. Album artwork, album synopsis, credits and music player all
load via ajax and a little php magic.

We were previously using another player. With the help of some
javascript and php, we used the old XML files to build out our
playlists.

The idea of displaying song lyrics sounded like it would be pretty
cool, so we made sure all the MP3 files had lyrics. As a track begins
to play, javascript and php help to pull the lyric information from
the MP3 and display it along side the playlist.

We've still got other functionality that we want to add, but we don't
want to let the cat out of the bag until we have the goods to show
off.

Feel free to stop by, take a look at her and kick the tires a bit.
And, as a shameless piece of self-promotion, we just happen to be 1 of
only 5 bands in the final round of the Sennheiser "Hear. I Am."
competition taking place April 12–25. If you like our music, we'd love
to have your vote. If you absolutely or even partially hate our music,
but like jPlayer; you can still vote for us. By proxy you'll be
showing your love for jPlayer.

Competition details and our jPlayer implementation can be found here:

http://www.TruckerRocks.com

Love,
Trucker

Mark Panaghiston

Apr 12, 2011, 7:15:25 AM4/12/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Nice stuff.

One day I hope to get round to implementing the subtitles system. In theory the HTML would be pretty straightforward. The Flash would take the work to get the standard SRT subtitle info read in and displayed at the correct time.

Maboa has done something using the timeupdate event and an array containing an object with timing info and the lyrics at that point. The event then looped through the array and compared the currentTime until it found the current lyric. Then displayed it. I think he even got it to work the other way round too, where clicking on the lyric made the track jump to that part.

That voting site appears to be overloaded right now.

Best regards,
Mark P.

Maboa

Apr 12, 2011, 7:23:27 AM4/12/11
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Yup I'm looking at this stuff at the moment - something being dubbed hyperaudio.

These posts may be of interest :

http://happyworm.com/blog/2011/04/08/hyper-audio-a-new-way-to-interact/
http://happyworm.com/blog/2010/12/05/drumbeat-demo-html5-audio-text-sync/

Anyway - cool site! Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Mark B

Trucker

Apr 14, 2011, 9:54:04 AM4/14/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
Yeah, they had a few technical issues on the first day of voting, but
it looks like they got it figured out.

They lyric sync thing is really cool. That is actually one of the
things we were going to add. Glad to see that it will be much easier
to do thanks to their work.

Hugs,
Trucker

On Apr 12, 6:15 am, Mark Panaghiston <mark.panaghis...@gmail.com>

Trucker

Apr 14, 2011, 10:01:25 AM4/14/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
Thanks for the info, this is something that would be really cool to
add to our player.

But we won't be doing anything with it until after this competition.
We need all our focus on shameless promotion like posting to this
discussion.

Kisses,
Trucker

On Apr 12, 6:23 am, Maboa <mark.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup I'm looking at this stuff at the moment - something being dubbed
> hyperaudio.
>
> These posts may be of interest :
>
> http://happyworm.com/blog/2011/04/08/hyper-audio-a-new-way-to-interact/http://happyworm.com/blog/2010/12/05/drumbeat-demo-html5-audio-text-s...

donboe

May 1, 2011, 1:39:06 PM5/1/11
to jPlayer: HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
Hi Trucker,

I'm actually looking for the same sort of functionality to display the
lyrics next to the song that is playing, so far without success
though. Could you give some insight on how you have managed to make
that work. I would be more than thankful.

Cheers,
Donald