Making Joose compatible with Prototype

1 view

Malte Ubl

Oct 26, 2008, 11:12:36 AM10/26/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

here is the strategy for making Joose compatible with Prototype:

Joose conflicts with Prototype on some major global variable names.
First and foremost Class and Prototype.
It can be tested with: test.html#real_world=runWithPrototype

Here is the strategy to work around this:

Those global vars are also exposed with as JooseClass and JoosePrototype.

Wrap all framework code with

(function (Class, Prototype) {
// Framework code goes here
})(JooseClass, JoosePrototype)

... and we should be fine.

I don't really feel like doing it, but maybe somebody cares enough.

Malte

Jeremy Wall

Oct 26, 2008, 9:59:07 PM10/26/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
I heartily dislike prototype and would rather not help it in any way however it is a popular library so I'm not opposed to it necessarily.