Joose with HTML5 Sqlite Store?

flight16

Aug 17, 2008, 8:39:46 PM8/17/08
to Joose
I see Joose works with Google Gears. How much work would be involved
in getting it to work with the HTML5 spec sqlite store? Sorry if this
is an obvious question. I know next to nothing about gears, and I
just found Joose today.

Thanks

Malte Ubl

Aug 18, 2008, 3:20:44 AM8/18/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

the object relational mapper for the Google Gears database that is
included as an example with Joose
(http://code.google.com/p/joose-js/wiki/ObjectRelationalMapper) could
easily be adjusted to also handle the standard HTML5 interface.
Actually, the gears interface will eventually converge to the same as
with HTML5, so this task makes a lot of sense.

I'll take a look at it in the next couple of days.

Did you try running Joose on the iPhone yet? It be interesting to see
how well it runs performance wise, although there shouldn't be a
problem here.

Cheers,
Malte

2008/8/18 flight16 <prat...@gmail.com>:
--
SCHAFFHAUSEN COMMUNICATION GROUP
Schaffhausen ITC Solutions GmbH / Daimlerstraße 17 / 25337 Elmshorn

Fon +49 41 21.47 29-459 / Fax +49 41 21.47 29-455
u...@schaffhausen.de / www.schaffhausen.de

flight16

Aug 18, 2008, 8:00:30 AM8/18/08
to Joose
Hey,

I just ran across that. It does look like it could be [easily]
converted to handle HTML5. That would be an amazingly useful
library... the ability to handle gears and html5 seamlessly... plus
orm. :) I'm going to start hacking and see what I can come up with.

Thanks,
flight16

On Aug 18, 4:20 pm, "Malte Ubl" <malte....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> the object relational mapper for the Google Gears database that is
> included as an example with Joose
> (http://code.google.com/p/joose-js/wiki/ObjectRelationalMapper) could
> easily be adjusted to also handle the standard HTML5 interface.
> Actually, the gears interface will eventually converge to the same as
> with HTML5, so this task makes a lot of sense.
>
> I'll take a look at it in the next couple of days.
>
> Did you try running Joose on the iPhone yet? It be interesting to see
> how well it runs performance wise, although there shouldn't be a
> problem here.
>
> Cheers,
> Malte

Malte Ubl

Aug 18, 2008, 8:12:57 AM8/18/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I just looked at the HTML5 interface. The main difference as opposed
to the gears db ist that the query interface is asynchronous.

This means you can't easily write:

person = Person.newFromId(1)

But the interface would have to be

Person.newFromId(1, function (person) { })

The second interface would also work for the gears db, so it could be
used to encapsulate both.

Would you like to have commit access to the repo?

Bye
Malte

Malte Ubl

Aug 20, 2008, 9:27:30 AM8/20/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

did you get anywhere with this?

Otherwise I'll take a shot at it tonight.

Bye
Malte

flight16

Aug 23, 2008, 6:30:59 AM8/23/08
to Joose
Nope, I haven't had the time to take a look yet... I'm interested in
how far you get if you do take a shot.

On Aug 20, 10:27 pm, "Malte Ubl" <malte....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,

Malte Ubl

Aug 25, 2008, 5:28:02 AM8/25/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I made some progress yesterday and might get something releasable
today or tomorrow.

The primary problem was that it is really hard to get at the table
meta data with the HTML5 interface. So far nothing really works short
of parsing the original create statement, so that is what I'll do now.

bye
Malte

Malte Ubl

Aug 25, 2008, 3:54:03 PM8/25/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I actually got something done :)

Its needs more polising, but maybe it already works for you:
You need to check out Joose from SVN to get the source or look at these files:

This html file runs the testsuite:
http://code.google.com/p/joose-js/source/browse/trunk/examples/simple_orm_async.html

This is the unit test file. It shows you some sample usage:
http://code.google.com/p/joose-js/source/browse/trunk/examples/simple_orm/async/test.js

And this is the actually OR-Mapper Module:
http://code.google.com/p/joose-js/source/browse/trunk/examples/simple_orm/async/ORM.js

I implemented a wrapper for the Google Gears DB API that makes it look
like it was the HTML5 API. Thus these examples will run in both webkit
browsers and browsers with google gears.

Bye
Malte

Malte Ubl

Aug 25, 2008, 4:08:15 PM8/25/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com

flight16

Aug 27, 2008, 10:44:21 PM8/27/08
to Joose
Awesome. Lately I've been busy but I will check it out later this
week when I get some time. :)

On Aug 26, 5:08 am, "Malte Ubl" <malte....@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may now try it in the browser:http://joose-js.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/simple_orm_async.html
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Malte Ubl <malte....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey,
>
> > I just looked at the HTML5 interface. The main difference as opposed
> > to the gears db ist that the query interface is asynchronous.
>
> > This means you can't easily write:
>
> > person = Person.newFromId(1)
>
> > But the interface would have to be
>
> > Person.newFromId(1, function (person) {  })
>
> > The second interface would also work for the gears db, so it could be
> > used to encapsulate both.
>
> > Would you like to have commit access to the repo?
>
> > Bye
> > Malte

Malte Ubl

Aug 31, 2008, 4:29:07 PM8/31/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

just wanted to let you know, that I updated the example to make the
coder a little easier on the eyes.
Here is more info:
http://joose-js.blogspot.com/2008/08/sticky-notes-example-rewritten.html

Bye
Malte

Malte Ubl

Sep 3, 2008, 10:04:46 AM9/3/08
to joos...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

did you get anywhere? I tried the sticky notes example on my iPhone
and it works like a charme :) (Except that you cannot do drag and
drop, of course)

Bye
Malte