Joose 3.007 release

Nickolay Platonov

Apr 28, 2010, 4:35:27 PM4/28/10
to joose-js
Hello,

I'm glad to announce about the Joose 3.007 release. This release provides a number of enhancements, notably in static methods,
iterators and compatibility with Prototype. See below for the full list.

The recommended installation procedure for Joose 3 is described here: http://openjsan.org/go/?l=Joose.Manual.Installation
Alternatively, the complete list of releases is available for download here: http://openjsan.org/go?d=Joose

Further features on the roadmap:
- NodeJS interoperability (allow to use Joose as common-js module and implement additional transport/resource for its own loader: JooseX.Namespace.Depended[1])
- Transparent subclassing from non-Joose classes
- More features for attributes

Stay tuned!

Regards, Nickolay

3.007

    [ENHANCEMENTS]

    - Class/Role/Module in the global scope aliased as Joose.Class/Joose.Role/Joose.Module

    - Joose no longer overwrites the Class/Role/Module symbols in global scope (should allow Prototype support)

    - Static instance ('my') now receives a special 'HOST' configuration parameter during instantiation, containing a hosting class constructor

    - Static methods are now aliased directly to the host constructor, and can be used without `my`

    - returning 'false' from Joose.A/O.each iterators stops the iteration and can be propagated further

    - added `Joose.A.map` helper

    - attributes initialization moved from `initialize` method to constructor (it was somewhat restrictive - only allows `after` modifiers), this allows:
        1) the `before` modifier for `initialize` with already initialized attributes
        2) better support for inheriting from non-Joose classes (which may not have `initialize` at all)

    - added ability to specify the arbitrary method (by name) for attributes initialization ("builder" in Moose meaning)

    [API CHANGES]

    -none-

    [BUG FIXES]

    - fixed bug, when traits weren't applied to the class with already detached meta (when the meta already had traits)

    - fixed bug, when the metaclass of detached instance had no name

[1]: http://openjsan.org/go/?l=JooseX.Namespace.Depended