DefaultRecordMapper: support for constructor parameter names in bytecode

Ernest Mishkin

Nov 6, 2017, 8:33:13 PM11/6/17
to jOOQ User Group
DefaultRecordMapper already supports classes annotated with @java.beans.ConstructorProperties (ImmutablePOJOMapperWithConstructorProperties) to map record's fields to constructor parameters by name, rather than by position. But using the said annotation is somewhat obsolete approach on modern (1.8+) JVMs where the information about parameter names can be compiled into byte code using -parameters argument to javac.

I'm really interested in supporting this use case, and wondering if this may be useful for community at large (happy to contribute a patch in such case).
If Lukas or one of the other core committers can recommend the best approach of "hacking" this into DefaultRecordMapper I will appreciate it.

Thanks!

Lukas Eder

Nov 7, 2017, 4:50:39 AM11/7/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ernest,

Thanks for your suggestion. Indeed, this would be quite useful - we just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. The relevant feature request is this one:

We'd love to see your contribution! Please see our contribution guidelines here, and let me know if I can help:

Thanks,
Lukas