Cockroach DB?

Adam Zell

Oct 12, 2017, 3:34:49 PM10/12/17
to jOOQ User Group
Has anyone attempted to use jOOQ with https://github.com/cockroachdb/cockroach ?

Lukas Eder

Oct 13, 2017, 2:53:53 PM10/13/17
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your message. I've been asked maybe 1-2 times off public lists about CockroachDB support. There is no such support planned for jOOQ in the near future as I currently do not think that it is a database worth investing in, from the jOOQ vendor perspective. jOOQ mostly supports the top databases of this list:

Having sais so, this doesn't mean that jOOQ won't work to some extent with CockroachDB. The code generator could be run off the:

- JPADatabase
- JDBCDatabase (which reverse engineers the java.sql.DatabaseMetaData API)

And the runtime could run with HSQLDB, which is probably the most standards compliant dialect supported by jOOQ.

If something doesn't work and can be fixed easily, we can certainly do so. This was done before someone who was using jOOQ with Cassandra:

Hope this helps,
Lukas

Has anyone attempted to use jOOQ with https://github.com/cockroachdb/cockroach ?