Through some local testing, I've found that it is not practical to do our
upgrade checks within our built in script because it is run too late in the
sequence. To get around that, I've built a stand alone application that can
be used to do the checks and alert users to the status of their host's
support for J! 3.0. That app can be found at
https://github.com/mbabker/J30UpgradeCheck and has the instructions for use
included. Feel free to use it and report bugs to me via the repo's tracker.
So it is clear for all, this is as lightweight of a package as possible. To
get it there, only the necessary library classes are included and all
translations have been removed, so the tool is hard-coded to English.
Otherwise, it is the same information reported in the installation
application if your site is not compatible.