Joomla 1.5 Support Past April 2012

Mark Dexter

Mar 22, 2012, 2:40:45 PM3/22/12
to Joomla! Production Working Group Leadership
Hi folks. As you recall, our original plan was to stop official
support for version 1.5 in April 2012. There have been discussions in
several places, including the JSST, about this. I believe the
consensus of these is that we should extend support for security fixes
only past April 2012, probably at least until September 2012.

Since April is almost upon is, it would be good imo to formally make
an announcement about this. However, there is one complicating factor,
which is PHP version 4.

It is becoming increasingly problematic to continue guaranteeing
support for PHP4. So the JSST has proposed that, after April, we no
longer guarantee that security fixes will be PHP4 compatible. We may
well be able to continue PHP4 support, but we will no longer guarantee
it after April.

So, does this make sense? Can we get a formal vote on this so we can
make an official announcement? Do we need to discuss it, or is this
proposal OK?

Thanks. Mark