Showcase and Resources Site Approvals

Brad Baker

Jul 9, 2009, 5:46:51 PM7/9/09
to joomla-wg...@googlegroups.com
I note a few complaints about the time taken for approvals on these 2 sites. If it's due to not having enough people to help, let us know so we can 'send a call out' for some more volunteers.

If it's for other reasons we can't really help, just disregard this.

Thanks.
-----
Brad Baker
Twitter @xyzulu
The Joomla Community: community.joomla.org

Gary Brooks

Jul 9, 2009, 5:55:43 PM7/9/09
to joomla-wg...@googlegroups.com
Brad,

On the resources.joomla.com we just put in place some new policies.  It's not lack of effort or people.  We just needed a little time to get organized.

Our new policy is listed here.  Currently we have about 5 people who have sent in the proper information.  If you do get anymore complaints about the resources.joomla.org ask them to look at this link and e-mail with the requested details.

The link is located on the left hand side of our page.

http://resources.joomla.org/approval-checklist.html

Thank you for the heads up.

Gary Brooks
JRD Team

Brad Baker

Jul 9, 2009, 5:57:17 PM7/9/09
to joomla-wg...@googlegroups.com
Great info/feedback.

Thanks Gary, and all you hardworking JRD editors.

Claire Mandville

Jul 9, 2009, 7:45:30 PM7/9/09
to Joomla! Community Working Group Leadership
<thanks Brad>

Hello all, just to say that as the original poster of this comment on
the connect list,
[quote]
"please excuse this double headed post.
there are some comments/complaints about the delays in adding to the
showcase and domain name requests.
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=381&t=416941&p=1761058#p1761058
- joomlafare.com
and delays in the community showcase.
i can only fend them off for a certain amount of time.....<grin>"[/
unquote]

It was mainly the showcase that caused the complaints and not the
JRD.

Claire