How to stop Joomla! stripping html tags or special characters from settings for a plugin I've built?

Chris Burgess

Sep 30, 2011, 5:47:23 PM9/30/11
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
I'm building a plugin which is searching for html, and I'd like to be able to enter html into settings for the plugin to tell it what to look for. However, Joomla! is stripping tags from the setting when it gets saved. Is there any way to prevent this from within the plugin itself? ie. not by a Joomla! no filtering setting, but by something that is included with the plugin so no further setup is required?

Nick Savov

Sep 30, 2011, 6:55:41 PM9/30/11
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Try using filter="raw" in xml for the parameter. For example:
<field name="code" type="textarea" filter="raw" default=""
label="JE_PLACE_CODE_LABEL" description="JE_PLACE_CODE_DESC" cols="50"
rows="12">

That's what I use for one of my modules. Hopefully it will work for a
plugin as well.

Kind regards,
Nick

> --