com_hello for Joomla!1.6

Christophe Demko

Jun 3, 2009, 4:49:07 AM6/3/09
to Joomla! General Development
Hi to all,

I published a com_hello for Joomla!1.6 at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/helloworld_1_6/

It uses
-JForms
-compound controllers
-categories (it seems to be still buggy)
-autopopulated models
-JModelItem and JModelList

Actually it can only be used with the experimental branches.

Christophe Demko

Jun 30, 2009, 4:26:10 AM6/30/09
to Joomla! General Development
I updated this component. It works with the J!1.6 alpha version

On 3 juin, 10:49, Christophe Demko <chde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I published a com_hello for Joomla!1.6 athttp://joomlacode.org/gf/project/helloworld_1_6/

Lalitesh

Jul 2, 2009, 1:17:57 PM7/2/09
to Joomla! General Development
Hi,

Where can I download J1.6 from?

Thanks,
lalitesh

On Jun 3, 1:49 pm, Christophe Demko <chde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I published a com_hello for Joomla!1.6 athttp://joomlacode.org/gf/project/helloworld_1_6/

Lalitesh

Jul 2, 2009, 1:29:22 PM7/2/09
to Joomla! General Development
Hi,

Where the function "_populateState" (it is in front end model file)
is called from?

thanks,
lalitesh

On Jun 3, 1:49 pm, Christophe Demko <chde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I published a com_hello for Joomla!1.6 athttp://joomlacode.org/gf/project/helloworld_1_6/

Amy Stephen

Jul 2, 2009, 1:48:10 PM7/2/09
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/helloworld_1_6/

I found the link in the note you forwarded ;-) hehe!

Have fun,
Amy :)

Ed Rowland

Jul 3, 2009, 3:52:43 AM7/3/09
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

hope you find all you need. Good luck and have fun.

Ed

Christophe Demko

Jul 7, 2009, 7:36:10 AM7/7/09

On 2 juil, 19:29, Lalitesh <lklalit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where the function "_populateState" (it is in front end model file)
> is called from?

It's called by the J!1.6 models (look at code in librairies/joomla/
application/component/model*.php

Zachariah

Jul 23, 2009, 4:10:16 PM7/23/09
to Joomla! General Development
I noticed in reviewing the com_content of the current branch that it
is using:

jimport('joomla.database.query');

and

$this->_db->setQuery($query);
$data = $this->_db->loadObject();

whereas in the com_hello it still uses

$db = & $this->getDBO();
$db->setQuery($query->toString(), 0, 1);
$msg = & $db->loadObject();

is there an advantage to one or the other? In the com_content they
don't use $query->toString in the setQuery method. Just curious why it
is used in com_hello?

I have a ton of other questions after reading through the source of
the new com_content... where does all of that get discussed? I don't
see a large amount of discussion on this mailing list (or maybe I
haven't looked far enough back), especially on ACL development. Is
there an IRC channel or somewhere else where this stuff gets
discussed?

Thanks!

~Zachariah

Zachariah

Jul 23, 2009, 4:14:04 PM7/23/09
to Joomla! General Development
...before you answer the 'where else is this discussed' I'm also on
the joomla-dev-cms list, and there still seems to be some
communication that has to be taking place on development that goes on
elsewhere (assuming). I'm just anxious to understand all the workings
and obviously it's not to a documentation stage.

~Zachariah

Andrew Eddie

Jul 23, 2009, 8:19:02 PM7/23/09
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zachariah

The JQuery class now has a __toString magic method and setQuery casts
the incoming query to a string. It might not have been in when
com_hello was first created. My preference is to now use:

$this->_db->setQuery($query);

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew Eddie
http://www.theartofjoomla.com - the art of becoming a Joomla developer

Christophe Demko

Jul 25, 2009, 3:01:50 AM7/25/09
to Joomla! General Development
@Zachariah,

I will change the code of com_hello to be like com_content when my
summer holidays will be finished (com_hello was written before J!1.6
alpha was released)
Ch.D