Joomla 1.5 life cycle

Ofer Cohen

Jun 22, 2010, 8:19:36 AM6/22/10
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hello
Now, that Joomla! 1.6 is on beta stage, I wondering what is the life
cycle of the previous version - 1.5?

Thanks

--
Ofer Cohen

Robert Vining

Jun 22, 2010, 8:33:08 AM6/22/10
to Joomla! General Development
Joomla 1.5 will remain supported 1 year after 1.6 is released as
stable. So you have some time yet.

Ofer Cohen

Jun 22, 2010, 9:46:39 AM6/22/10
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Only 1 year?? I think it's too short for life cycle. Is it include all
kind of support and critical bug fixes?

Ofer Cohen

garycocs

Jun 22, 2010, 6:32:07 PM6/22/10
to Joomla! General Development
Just wondering if there was anywhere we could get a look at the future
life cycle, i.e. a 2.0, obviously don't want to sound ungrateful for
what is out there already as 1.6 looks FANTASTIC

On Jun 22, 1:33 pm, Robert Vining <robert.vin...@community.joomla.org>

Andrew Eddie

Jun 22, 2010, 8:01:19 PM6/22/10
to joomla-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ofer

It's not actually only one year. 1.5 will have been supported for
more than 3.5 years in total, which is a very good length of time for
any individual version. 1.7 and 1.8 will also be deployed within that
last 12 months of 1.5 so if you aren't thinking about upgrading, you
are progressively going to be left behind. You can certainly skip
upgrading to 1.6, and possibly 1.7 but you really need to be planning
to upgrade within 12 months of 1.6 shipping.

And yes, the support for 1.5 will drop back to critical bug fixes only.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Andrew Eddie
http://www.theartofjoomla.com - the art of becoming a Joomla developer