When can we expect the packages license change?

Sven Versteegen

Jun 27, 2015, 2:19:23 PM6/27/15
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
Is there a timeframe for the change? It was more then a year ago since this was approved and I really think it's time to do this.

Andrew Eddie

Jun 29, 2015, 7:38:16 PM6/29/15
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
+1

Can we just decide how to do this and just do it please. It's only a couple dozen PR's.

My vote, since this has dragged on for far, far too long is just bump the minor version on all the packages and relicense.

Regards,
Andrew Eddie

Sven Versteegen

Jul 1, 2015, 10:50:23 AM7/1/15
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
My vote, since this has dragged on for far, far too long is just bump the minor version on all the packages and relicense.
+1

Should we also do PRs against the 2.0-dev branches or just master branch?
I just did a PR to the authentication package to both branches, since the LICENSE file there is already LGPL, but I'm not on my Laptop and don't have git on it and using the webfrontend is a pita...

Michael Babker

Jul 1, 2015, 11:04:50 AM7/1/15
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
The original intent was to do the license change with the 2.0 package releases and this was reaffirmed with the roadmap post earlier this year.  I'd personally suggest it stays that way unless someone with more decision power than me mandates otherwise.

---

Sven Versteegen

Jul 1, 2015, 11:45:32 AM7/1/15
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
The original intent was to do the license change with the 2.0 package releases and this was reaffirmed with the roadmap post earlier this year.
Ok, so we do the PRs to the 2.0-dev branch then...

Since that roadmap is nearly 5 month old, is there a list of things that need to be done to get v2 out, because waiting another year for this to happen isn't really an option I would say.

@Michael What is with the packages in your "Keep or Dump" post, that thread drifted completely away from your initial post, I would vote to deprecate them all (including the ones you marked as questionable), but like Andrew wrote they should get a relicense too.

Michael Babker