Bluestork added

Andrew Eddie

Jul 3, 2009, 11:12:11 PM7/3/09
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Ron's freshened admin template, dubbed 'BlueStork' has been added to the trunk.

I've made some draft admin menu changes based on the UI discussions in
other threads.

I've also refactored the admin menu module so that it supports layouts
properly (being able to customise output is a hot topic lately
<cough>). It's rather cool in that it will allow you to select a
supplied layout (I've just added the original one back I had in - see
attached picture), and it will also look in the HTML overrides of the
'active' template. What this allows you to do is if you brand your
own admin template, you can add a mod_menu layout override in that
admin template to tailor the menu to suit your client. However, you
need to take into consideration that if your client has a Joomla book,
their menu is going to look different - that's your problem to sort
out but be aware of it :)

Please note though, there is a bug when saving the admin modules that
makes them disappear. Working on a fix.

Regards,
Andrew Eddie
http://www.theartofjoomla.com - the art of becoming a Joomla developer

Picture 1.png

Andrea Tarr at Tarr Consulting

Jul 4, 2009, 12:16:53 AM7/4/09
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com

Ah, yes, I see, the menu id disappears from modules_menu. That was similar to what happened when I tried to add a module.

I’ve created an accessible layout for your new menu. It’s exactly like the default except that the top level items are true links so they can get focus which is helpful for both screen readers and keyboard people. To be really accessible you need the menu.css and menu.js files from my template.

I’d suggest using this one instead of your current default, or at least add it as an option. What’s the best way for me to send it to you?

Andrea Tarr

www.tarrconsulting.com

Andrew Eddie

Jul 4, 2009, 12:24:44 AM7/4/09
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great. Zip the module up. Send to my list email. I'll work
it out from there :)

Regards,
Andrew Eddie
http://www.theartofjoomla.com - the art of becoming a Joomla developer

Ron Severdia

Jul 4, 2009, 3:09:52 AM7/4/09
to Joomla! CMS Development
Cool... This is very much in flux so nothing written in stone
yet...But just to whet the appetite. :)