Convert slide (Powerpoint PPT / Impress ODP ...) to image (PNG / JPG / ...)

J-Wicz

Jun 9, 2010, 5:49:18 AM6/9/10
to JODConverter
Dear JodConverter Group

in my current project I have to export ODP into PNG. Below code and
links into openoffice forums where very useful, so I thought I share
this.

This is just an extension of the DocumentFormatRegistry it does not
address rendering multiple slides, aka the need to move current slide
cursor, see
http://groups.google.com/group/jodconverter/browse_thread/thread/e7efc8bdb375261e/18cf1b1d1361b66a?lnk=gst&q=png#18cf1b1d1361b66a

PS: I used the ODFToolkit http://odftoolkit.org/projects/odfdom/pages/Home
to split up my slide decks into single slide files.

Very useful information can be found here: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=51021
Above link lists a lot of supported mime types and properties like
width, height, compression quality for jpeg, etc...

Other web pages like: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=21022
use "Impress_png_Export", so I assume that these filters are also
available.

<code>
public class BitmapDocumentFormatRegistry extends
DefaultDocumentFormatRegistry {

public BitmapDocumentFormatRegistry() {
super();

final DocumentFormat png = new DocumentFormat("PNG",
DocumentFamily.PRESENTATION, "image/png", "png");
png.setExportFilter(DocumentFamily.DRAWING, "draw_png_Export");
png.setExportFilter(DocumentFamily.PRESENTATION,
"impress_png_Export");
addDocumentFormat(png);
}
}
</code>

Maybe a future version of JodConverter could include these image-
focused DocumentFormats

cheers