OpenOffice service hangs

shan

Sep 2, 2009, 9:12:22 AM9/2/09
to JODConverter
Hi,

I am using PyODConverter to convert doc to html and vice-versa, on
CentOS with OpenOffice Version 2.4 .

When i do bulk conversions, the OpenOffice service hangs and the
command does not exit in the middle. This stops the subsequent
documents from conversion. This issue pops up on a random basis.

I have a script to start the OpenOffice service, if in case the
service crashes and terminates. But when the service hangs, i could
not figure out a way to identify and restart the service.

I would like to know if there is a better approach to handle this
issue and ensure 100% conversion.

thanks,
Shan

Mirko Nasato

Sep 2, 2009, 3:34:47 PM9/2/09
to jodcon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shan,

JODConverter 3.0 adds the ability to abort a conversion if it doesn't
finish within a timeout (e.g. 2 minutes) killing and restarting OOo.
It can do that because JODConverter 3.0 starts and manages its own OOo
process.

Kind regards

Mirko

shan

Sep 6, 2009, 8:28:20 AM9/6/09
to JODConverter
Hi Mirko,

Thanks for suggestion.

My Web Application is implemented in Python/Django.
I implemented a similar timeout mechanism for managing the OOo service
in python.

thanks
Shan