RE: Job posting

Allison Francis

Jan 3, 2011, 9:31:54 AM1/3/11
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Can you please post this.

Thank you

Leadership Center for the Common Good

1825 K St. NW  Suite 400  Washington, DC 20006

Position Announcement

Development Director

            The Leadership Center for the Common Good is a new national training and support center for community organizations[1].  Common Good works with a range of community-based and grassroots organizations on an array of social justice issues, ranging from living wage jobs to immigrants rights, from environmental justice/green jobs to education reform.  The Center is hiring a National Field/Campaign Director to help oversee the development of field organizing plans and campaigns with our partners around the country.

            The Development Director will work dually to help Common Good raise its budget and also work with partner community organizations around the country.  Duties will include:

·         Developing and executing a program to raise monies from individual donors;

·         Foundation relations management, including relationship-building, grantwriting, report preparation, etc.;

·         Developing new fundraising initiatives, including an online funding program, possible social ventures, a sustainers program, and more;

·         Working with partner organizations in the states to strengthen their fundraising systems.

            Ideal attributes of an applicant include:

·         At least five years relevant fundraising experience;

·         Exceptional communications skills;

·         Preference for candidates with exposure to community or labor organizing, or comparable exposure to grassroots organizing for social justice;

·         Spanish language fluency extremely helpful;

·         Comfort with new media and technology, including online campaigns, blogging, social networking, video, etc.

Position based in Washington, DC.

Send resumes to lccgr...@gmail.com.

[1]    Common Good began operations in July 2010.  We haven't published our website yet, so you won't find much background online, but we're happy to send you some background materials.