JOBS: Social media copywriters/strategists for Obama for America (Chicago)

Laura

Aug 23, 2011, 9:56:36 PM8/23/11
to JobsthatareLEFT
Obama for America is looking for talented social media copywriters and
strategists to join our digital team at our Chicago headquarters.

We're going to run the most effective, creative, and innovative
digital campaign in the history of politics, and our digital team will
be core to achieving the communications, fundraising, and organizing
goals of the cause.

Our social media team will help tell the story of the campaign and
move people to take action over Facebook, Twitter, and other social
networks.

We’re looking for writers who can tell stories in 140 characters or
less, put complex policy into Facebook-friendly terms, and help plan
and create original content that people will be compelled to share
with their friends.

A great candidate will be able to formulate a social media plan for
specific goals and audiences, write content for it with a clear,
consistent voice, and analyze outcomes to make the next campaign even
better. You should have a head for politics, a sense of humor, and
buckets of common sense.

We’ll be hiring people at all levels, from social media experts to
junior staffers. So whether you're a seasoned digital veteran or are
new to the field but hoping to apply your skills to a worthy cause, we
hope to hear from you.

If you're right for this team, the following should all be familiar to
you:

+ Copywriting for social media
+ Online campaigning
+ Project management
+ Twitter, Facebook, and emerging social networks
+ Social media management and analytics tools

Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications; we
also offer a benefits plan.

To apply, please email your resume and a note explaining why you’d be
a good fit for our team to digit...@barackobama.com.