River Jordan #14

Cassie Carter

Aug 6, 2021, 3:28:02 AM8/6/21
to jimcarroll, catholi...@googlegroups.com
My mother died. I'd given her River Jordan #14 so now it's mine.

Weird selling it.

Thoughts?

Cassie

Netins

Aug 6, 2021, 7:05:51 AM8/6/21
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
How many copies do you need?  Anyone in the family or friends of your mother’s that would appreciate it?

LaVerne

citygr...@aol.com

Aug 6, 2021, 9:27:39 AM8/6/21
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
Hello Cassie, I am so very sorry to hear about your mom passing.  I offer your my sincerest condolences.

Maybe let some time pass before you decide.  I find that I need distance after a sad event to sort things out

xo Gio

M. Patricia Li

Aug 7, 2021, 11:06:23 PM8/7/21
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
cassie, i am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing.  i'm sending you my condolences.

i agree with gio - giving it a little time might be best at this point?  i'm someone who likes holding onto things, but you may not be.  or maybe this one will come to have meaning for you and you'll want to keep it in addition to your own copy.  i think a little time will make that clearer to you.

sending you hugs.

best,
amme

jane gilday

Aug 9, 2021, 8:50:14 AM8/9/21
to jimca...@googlegroups.com

hi cassie.

so sorry for your loss.  keep river jordan.

write3chairs

Aug 15, 2021, 12:51:19 PM8/15/21
to Jim Carroll Discussion List
I’m so sorry, Cassie, and am feeling this loss with you. Words fall short.

Much love,
Jen

write3chairs

Aug 15, 2021, 12:52:58 PM8/15/21
to Jim Carroll Discussion List
Yes. “keep river jordan.”

Cassie Carter

Aug 15, 2021, 3:11:20 PM8/15/21
to jimcarroll
Hey all, thanks for your thoughts on this.

I already have my own copy of River Jordan, as do friends and family who wanted one (which isn't many).

I think #14 should go to someone who loves JC. I think everyone here who wanted one has one. Should I offer it to one of the reliable dealers in JC collectibles?

Cassie

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021, 9:52 AM 'write3chairs' via Jim Carroll Discussion List <jimca...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Yes. “keep river jordan.”

Joseph Papaleo

Aug 15, 2021, 10:34:24 PM8/15/21
to jimcarroll
Dear Cassie,
    I am so sorry. I remember when my mother died. You think you're over it and then the memories come back. I have never heard of River Jordan. I had to google it. I don't know how I missed it. Amazon offers it starting at $100 and, of course it's not hand printed. I would keep it if I were you. What a treasure! My Love to all,
                                                                                                                      Joey

Joseph Papaleo

Aug 15, 2021, 10:35:46 PM8/15/21
to jimcarroll