JFXtras 0.7 Release Candidate 1

Stephen Chin

Jun 17, 2010, 12:38:17 PM6/17/10
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com, jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
I published an updated set of jars for a Release Candidate build of JFXtras 0.7.  This version is compatible with JavaFX 1.3 and is fully functional (as far as we know), so please let us know if you run into any issues.

You can download the new jars here:
http://code.google.com/p/jfxtras/downloads/list

Some of the changes since the beta 2 build include:
  • JFXtras Test
    • Fixed a problem where tests that immediately launch a deferredAction (such as an HttpRequest) would lock up intermittently
  • JFXtras Common
    • XDynamicBind fix on inverse binding (thx to Antoine Mischler for reporting and providing a test case)
    • JXScene now works on 1.3 (SceneToJComponent has been removed, please use JXScene instead)
    • XGridColumn and XGridRow layoutInfo constraints fully honored
    • XGrid spanning now honers min/pref/grow/shrink, plus many bugfixes
    • XScene now works with MenuBar (also, margins have been replaced with padding)
  • JFXtras Controls
    • XCalendarPicker style fixes
    • XNudger CSS support and style fixes
    • New XPicker implementation that takes advantage of CSS styles, fixes keystroke handling,
    • XPane now has a CSS-based skin.
    • XEtchedButton now has a CSS-based skin
    • ScoreBoard now updates dynamically
    • MapDataProvider now works with XTable
There are probably other changes as well that I missed.  A big thanks to all the JFXtras team members for the hard work which has gone in updating things for the 0.7 release.

Cheers,
--
--Steve
blog: http://steveonjava.com/

Baptiste Grenier

Jul 2, 2010, 3:22:18 AM7/2/10
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com, jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Le 17/06/10 � 18:39, Stephen Chin t�l�scripta :

> I published an updated set of jars for a Release Candidate build of
> JFXtras 0.7. This version is compatible with JavaFX 1.3 and is fully
> functional (as far as we know), so please let us know if you run into
> any issues.

Thanks for all this good work :)

I have a problem with this release when using XDialog in signed
applets (already reported here:
http://code.google.com/p/jfxtras/issues/detail?id=32 ):
If I create a XDialog in a signed applet with the RC1, the
close() method of the dialog does not work anymore (it was
working with beta1 and beta2) and if I press the Close button
provided by the Window Manager/Desktop the applet is completely
closed.

Please find attached a script allowing to test this problem (do
not forget to make the applet signed).

> Cheers,

Regards,
Baptiste

--
\,,/_[-_-]_\,,/
http://asocial.ws/gwarf

Mathematicians take it to the limit.

Main.fx

Stephen Chin

Jul 4, 2010, 3:54:29 PM7/4/10
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
Baptiste,

Thanks for filing this issue.

I fixed the Dialog close behavior in Applets so it is identical to what
a JavaFX Stage would do (right down to the IllegalArgumentException in
the logs after the second attempt! :-) )

On your close button issue, that will and has never worked by design.
Since it is a modal dialog that blocks the event thread, your variable
"xd" won't get assigned until after the dialog is dismissed. As a
result, the button handler will call close on a null variable (and
JavaFX conveniently eats the NPE).

However, there was no really good way to access the currently open
dialog, so I added a new feature. There is now a static variable on
XDialog called "CURRENT_MODAL" that you can use to access the currently
open modal dialog. It also handles nested modal dialogs.

To use this, you would need to modify your code to do the following:
Button {
text: "Close"
action: function () {

XDialog.CURRENT_MODAL.close();
}
}

I will include the aforementioned fix in RC2.

Cheers,
--Steve

--
--Steve
blog: http://steveonjava.com/

Baptiste Grenier

Jul 8, 2010, 5:18:37 AM7/8/10
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
Le 04/07/10 à 21:54, Stephen Chin téléscripta :
> Baptiste,

Hi,

> Thanks for filing this issue.

And thanks for resolving it ;)

> I fixed the Dialog close behavior in Applets so it is identical to what
> a JavaFX Stage would do (right down to the IllegalArgumentException in
> the logs after the second attempt! :-) )
>
> On your close button issue, that will and has never worked by design.
> Since it is a modal dialog that blocks the event thread, your variable
> "xd" won't get assigned until after the dialog is dismissed. As a
> result, the button handler will call close on a null variable (and
> JavaFX conveniently eats the NPE).
>
> However, there was no really good way to access the currently open
> dialog, so I added a new feature. There is now a static variable on
> XDialog called "CURRENT_MODAL" that you can use to access the currently
> open modal dialog. It also handles nested modal dialogs.
>
> To use this, you would need to modify your code to do the following:
> Button {
> text: "Close"
> action: function () {
>
> XDialog.CURRENT_MODAL.close();
> }
> }
>
> I will include the aforementioned fix in RC2.

Thanks it's working perfectly.

> Cheers,
> --Steve

Cheers,