complete installation procedure

raphinou

Nov 26, 2008, 8:35:05 AM11/26/08
to jetty-rails
Hi,

I'm totally new to java deployment, and I'm not sure how I should
install jetty to make it available to jetty-rails.
I'll certainly be able to find it out, but I thought I would suggest
you to make a complete installation description just like
http://blog.headius.com/2008/08/zero-to-production-in-15-minutes.html

Cheers

Raph

Fabio Kung

Nov 26, 2008, 1:08:30 PM11/26/08
to jetty...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raph,

Just install jetty-rails; it already comes bundled with jetty. You don't have to install anything else, just follow the steps described here:

jruby -S gem install jetty-rails
cd myrailsapp
jruby -S jetty_rails

Before running your application with jetty-rails, you must be sure that it can be runned with jruby (i.e.: you have all required gems installed in your jruby and have configured your database.yml file to use the jdbc adapter). Also makes sure that you aren't running with jruby-1.1.4, which has a known bug.

If your application runs in jruby+webrick or jruby+mongrel, you should be able to also run it with jetty-rails.

Cheers,
--
Fabio Kung
http://www.fabiokung.com

Caelum - Ensino e Inovação
http://www.caelum.com.br

rb

Nov 27, 2008, 10:55:04 AM11/27/08
to jetty-rails

On Nov 26, 7:08 pm, "Fabio Kung" <fabio.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Raph,
> Just install jetty-rails; it already comes bundled with jetty. You don't
> have to install anything else, just follow the steps described here:
>
> http://jetty-rails.rubyforge.org/

> jruby -S gem install jetty-rails
> cd myrailsapp
> jruby -S jetty_rails
>
> Before running your application with jetty-rails, you must be sure that it
> can be runned with jruby (i.e.: you have all required gems installed in your
> jruby and have configured your database.yml file to use the jdbc adapter).
> Also makes sure that you aren't running with jruby-1.1.4, which has a known
> bug.

ok, thanks. I'm on jruby 1.1.4 :-)

I'll upgrade it and test again.

Raph

> If your application runs in jruby+webrick or jruby+mongrel, you should be
> able to also run it with jetty-rails.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM, raphinou <rbli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm totally new to java deployment, and I'm not sure how I should
> > install jetty to make it available to jetty-rails.
> > I'll certainly be able to find it out, but I thought I would suggest
> > you to make a complete installation description just like
> >http://blog.headius.com/2008/08/zero-to-production-in-15-minutes.html
>
> > Cheers
>
> > Raph
>
> --
> Fabio Kunghttp://www.fabiokung.com

rb

Nov 28, 2008, 2:10:32 PM11/28/08
to jetty-rails

On Nov 27, 4:55 pm, rb <raphi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 7:08 pm, "Fabio Kung" <fabio.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Raph,
> > Just install jetty-rails; it already comes bundled with jetty. You don't
> > have to install anything else, just follow the steps described here:
>
> >http://jetty-rails.rubyforge.org/

> > jruby -S gem install jetty-rails
> > cd myrailsapp
> > jruby -S jetty_rails
>
> > Before running your application with jetty-rails, you must be sure that it
> > can be runned with jruby (i.e.: you have all required gems installed in your
> > jruby and have configured your database.yml file to use the jdbc adapter).
> > Also makes sure that you aren't running with jruby-1.1.4, which has a known
> > bug.
>
> ok, thanks. I'm on jruby 1.1.4 :-)
>
> I'll upgrade it and test again.

Just to confirm it's running fine with jruby-1.1.5.

Raph