CloudFrontService.signUrlCanned - problems with privateKey.pem

mac fly

Mar 24, 2010, 1:00:22 PM3/24/10
to JetS3t Users, oliver...@smaato.com
hi there,

i have a problem with the above mentioned method. i always get this
exception:

org.jets3t.service.CloudFrontServiceException:
java.security.spec.InvalidKeySpecException:
java.security.InvalidKeyException: IOException : algid parse error,
not a sequence at...

i call it like this:

String signedUrlCanned = CloudFrontService.signUrlCanned(
distributionDomain, // Domain name
s3ObjectKey.getKey(), // S3 object key
keyPairId, // Certificate identifier, an active
trusted signer for the distribution
derPrivateKey, // DER Private key data
//
ServiceUtils.parseIso8601Date("2009-11-14T22:20:00.000Z") //
DateLessThan
ServiceUtils.parseIso8601Date(dateLessThan));

where derPrivateKey is:

byte[] derPrivateKey = EncryptionUtil.convertRsaPemToDer(
new FileInputStream(privateKeyFilePath));

and privateKeyFilePath is:

String privateKeyFilePath = "e:\\keys\\pk-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.pem";

can somebody tell me whats wrong with the key? its generated and
downloaded from my amazon aws account.

thx in advance

best regards

olli

James Murty

Mar 25, 2010, 3:10:22 AM3/25/10
to JetS3t Users
Hi Olli,

I'm afraid there is something about Java on Windows systems that
prevents the RSA PEM files from being read correctly. There is a long
discussion thread that touches on this issue here:
https://jets3t.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectForumMessageView?messageID=34101&forumID=2233

I would recommend following the instructions at the following link to
manually convert your AWS private key PEM file into the DER file
format which you can then use directly, without the need for the
convertRsaPemToDer method. You will need to obtain the open source
OpenSSL tool to do this.

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=776346

Hope this helps,
James