JetS3t Maven repository - Now available

James Murty

Mar 27, 2008, 2:25:12 AM3/27/08
to JetS3t Users
With prompting and help from Elias Ross, I have finally setup a Maven repository for the latest version of JetS3t. The repository contains only the main JetS3t jar file containing the API library and toolkit, and leaves out all the applications. The 0.6.0 repository entry includes dependencies on the Commons Logging, Commons Codec, and Commons HttpClient libraries.

At present I am hosting the repository myself from the project's public website, with the repository URL: http://jets3t.s3.amazonaws.com/maven2

Eventually the 0.6.0 version of JetS3t should be available from the main public Maven repository as well, but there will probably be a lag of at least four weeks before the main repository is updated. In the meantime, and to ensure you can access the latest JetS3t releases, please use the JetS3t repository which is under my control. In future, I will do my best to keep at least this repository up to date.

Below is an example pom.xml project file that declares a dependency on JetS3t version 0.6.0, and instructs Maven to look for the dependency in my repository (http://jets3t.s3.amazonaws.com/maven2).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>Test</groupId>
  <artifactId>Test</artifactId>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <description></description>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <name>jets3t</name>
      <id>jets3t</id>
      <url>http://jets3t.s3.amazonaws.com/maven2</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>net.java.dev.jets3t</groupId>
      <artifactId>jets3t</artifactId>
      <version>0.6.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Hopefully this will make development easier for all the Maven fans out there. Let me know whether this does or does not work for you.

Cheers,
James

--
http://www.jamesmurty.com

James Murty

Mar 31, 2008, 10:02:34 PM3/31/08
to JetS3t Users
JetS3t version 0.6.0 is now also available from the public Maven repository:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/net/java/dev/jets3t/jets3t/
--
http://www.jamesmurty.com