Report From Onboard Jenny

Da...@schramm-family.net

Mar 26, 2011, 5:03:10 PM3/26/11
to JennyJ...@googlegroups.com
Saturday, March 26, 2011 2:19:09 PM Location: St. Petersburg Muni Marina Latitude is 29 degrees 53.754 minutes north. Longitude is 81 degrees 18.584 minutes west. This weather observation was taken on Saturday, March 26, 2011 2:21:11 PM local time. Observation location: St. Augustine Muni. Latitude is 29 degrees 53.754 minutes north. Longitude is 81 degrees 18.584 minutes west. The air temperature is 75, and water temperature is 65 degrees fahrenheit. The forecast is Sunny. The current weather is dry. The sky is clear or a few clouds. The wind is 10 knots from the east. The visibility is 8 nautical miles. The wave height is 1 feet with 0 foot swells. The barometer is 1015 millibars and falling. We bid farewell to Daytona Beach, at least for a while. We had a good time there and got a lot of projects done too! It was a 50 mile trip up to St. Augustine, so we got an early start. Along the way we had a pretty solid ground bounce. UGH. I wasn't paying attention and went on the wrong side of a green marker. When you go counterclockwise along the ICW, the normal Red Right Returning is reversed. It was all my fault. However, Melinda was doing a bunch of teasing at the time. Oh well, the keel got a good scrubbing... :-) We got up to St. Augustine around 14:00, making great time with the tidal current pushing us along for hours. We are on a mooring ball right by the old (1565) Spanish fort. The tourists are crawling all over the place. The locals have tours of the fort that includes a demonstration of one of the cannon's firing. It is a significant jolt every time they light it up. I hope they don't fire it at night! They also have a squad of four guys dressed in some antique uniform who fire off their flintlocks every hour. I guess there won't be much napping here. :-( The mooring field is fairly large and with all the weekend boaters, quite lumpy. But it is quieting down now (17:00) and seems like it will be a nice night. The week days should also be much quieter. We plan to play tourists this week! David Powered by BoatExec http://www.BoatExec.com