Concurrent run does not exit till all runs are complete

jrmonk

May 10, 2011, 11:21:16 AM5/10/11
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Most of my Jenkins projects are configured to allow concurrent builds
if necessary. While the arrangement works quite well it has one
peculiar issue. Lets say build number #34 in progress and now build
#35 is started on another node. Even if the underlying execution is
complete for build #34, Jenkins project execution does not exit. It
actually waits for #35 to complete and then both builds exit at the
same time. I would like Jenkins build #34 to exit as soon as its
underlying execution is complete without waiting for #35 to complete
so that #36 can be started immediately, if its already queued.

Has anyone observed the same behavior and know of any fix to this
issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Kamlesh

jrmonk

May 19, 2011, 2:44:10 AM5/19/11
to Jenkins Users
I have not gotten any response to this query. Can someone please help?
Should I log it in as defect?

Thanks,
Kamlesh

ahawtho

Jan 27, 2012, 9:03:42 AM1/27/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have also seen this problem.  I added a comment to https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-9913 describing our situation, which sounds very similar to yours.  The problem with ours is that our test builds are parameterized and one set of parameters we use runs a long series of performance tests.  While that job is running, it eventually prevents shorter jobs from completing, and ends up tying up slaves that should be reused or shutdown.