[jenkins-tfs-plugin] Unable to build

Mike M.

Sep 16, 2011, 5:39:26 PM9/16/11
to Jenkins Users
I am setting up a TFS 2010 project with the latest version of Jenkins
v1.428 and the tfs-plugin v1.19 and I am getting a strange error
message. I am not sure where this error originates from but some help
would be much appreciated.

[workspace] $ "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\Common7\IDE\tf.exe" history . -recursive -stopafter:1 -noprompt -
version:WHudson-SampleProject-Commit-MASTER; -format:brief
Changeset User Date Comment
--------- ------------- ----------
3653 MMcGarr 9/16/2011 Updates to various files.
FATAL: java.lang.String.isEmpty()Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.isEmpty()Z
at
hudson.plugins.tfs.TeamFoundationServerScm.buildEnvVars(TeamFoundationServerScm.java:
307)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild.getEnvironment(AbstractBuild.java:800)
at hudson.plugins.msbuild.MsBuildBuilder.perform(MsBuildBuilder.java:
81)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:19)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild
$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:682)
at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.build(Build.java:178)
at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.doRun(Build.java:139)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:
448)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1376)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:
88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:230)

Erik Ramfelt

Sep 17, 2011, 3:19:31 AM9/17/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
The plugin is compiled using Java 6, and you are using Java 5, as the
String.isEmpty() method was first added in 6 (!?). The quickest fix is
to update your Java version, or wait until I release a new version
that is Java 5 compatible. I just need to figure out how I can make
sure that the code is 5 compatible in my build process.

Regards
//Erik

domi

Sep 17, 2011, 3:42:22 AM9/17/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You can check for compatibility with animal-sniffer
http://mojo.codehaus.org/animal-sniffer/animal-sniffer-enforcer-rule/usage.html
/Domi

Erik Ramfelt

Sep 17, 2011, 7:17:29 AM9/17/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip for the animal-sniffer.

Ive fixed the problem, and released a new version containing it (1.20).

//Erik

Mike M.

Sep 21, 2011, 2:52:28 PM9/21/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, eram...@gmail.com
Great, this resolved my issue with TFS.  Java 6 works!  thanks