lost Javadoc link

David J. Biesack

Mar 29, 2011, 1:18:16 PM3/29/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hello,
> So all are fixed and will be in 1.405
> If you are an early adopter you can test those build :
> http://people.apache.org/~olamy/jenkins/ :-)

Olivier;

I installed your 1.405-SNAPSHOT (my footer now reads

Jenkins ver. 1.406-SNAPSHOT (private-03/28/2011 09:10-olamy)

but I still do not have a Javadoc link on the job page.
I rebuilt a job and that did not restore the Javadoc link either.

I have these links:

* Maven-generated site
* Coverage Report
* Workspace
* Last Successful Artifacts
* Recent Changes
* Latest Test Result(no failures)

The Maven site does have the Javadoc reports:

* Cobertura Test Coverage
* FindBugs Report
* JavaDocs
* Surefire Report
* Test JavaDocs

Could it be that the Test JavaDocs cause interference?

djb

--
David J. Biesack, SAS
SAS Campus Dr. Cary, NC 27513

Olivier Lamy

Mar 29, 2011, 3:42:39 PM3/29/11
2011/3/29 David J. Biesack <David....@sas.com>:

> Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> So all are fixed and will be in 1.405
>> If you are an early adopter you can test those build :
>> http://people.apache.org/~olamy/jenkins/  :-)
>
> Olivier;
>
> I installed your 1.405-SNAPSHOT (my footer now reads
>
>  Jenkins ver. 1.406-SNAPSHOT (private-03/28/2011 09:10-olamy)
>
> but I still do not have a Javadoc link on the job page.

And at the maven module level ?
For having link at the Job level you must use aggregate javadoc goals
from the maven plugin.
If not it's per module.

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

David J. Biesack

Mar 30, 2011, 7:49:27 AM3/30/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

From: Olivier Lamy <olive...@gmail.com>
Date: Mar 29 09:42PM +0200

> And at the maven module level ?
> For having link at the Job level you must use aggregate javadoc goals
> from the maven plugin.
> If not it's per module.
>

> Olivier Lamy

Yes, I have both Javadoc and Test Javadoc links at the module level.
I must admit I don't understand Jenkins "modules" or javadoc aggregation.
I've not configured for modules (that I know of). I just added Maven2 projects.
Previously, the Javadoc link was at the top level job page and I did not have
to do anything special. Now I have to click 'Modules' and then the
module link to get to the Javadoc link. (All of our projects appear to
contain just one module.)

Olivier Lamy

Mar 30, 2011, 9:07:46 AM3/30/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Ok I can change how it works and display the link the job level if
there is only one module (seems reasonable).
Can you load an issue here http://issues.jenkins-ci.org/ .
As I don't have a lot of spare time this week, I will do this next
week (except if someone else has time to fix that before :-) ).

/Olivier