lost Javadoc link

David J. Biesack

Mar 21, 2011, 8:58:32 AM3/21/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

We have about 20 Maven 2 builds running under Jenkins 1.401 and Jenkins is archiving target/**/* .

Previously, our Maven builds created a default site, and the Jenkins project pages contained links to the Maven
site and to the Javadoc.
Recently, I updated Jenkins from 1.399 to 1.401, and also updated our Maven parent POM to include the testapidocs
in the Maven site (see below) and now our Jenkins job page no longer links directly to the Javadoc. The project lists
these links:

Maven-generated site
Coverage Report
Workspace
Last Successful Artifacts
Recent Changes
Latest Test Result(no failures)

It does correctly link to the Maven site, which has both the Javadocs and Test Javadocs reports.

Also, I had a disabled project which was last built before these changes; it has the Javadoc link in the job page.
When I enabled it and rebuilt it, the Javadoc link was not there.

How do I restore the Javadoc link in the Jenkins job details page?
How do I include the Test Javadoc link in the Jenkins job details? (http://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-1000 ?)

I don't see any configuration for Javadoc links in the job configuration.

Details:

Maven site "Project Reports" contains:

Cobertura Test Coverage Cobertura Test Coverage Report.
FindBugs Report Generates a source code report with the FindBugs Library.
JavaDocs JavaDoc API documentation.
Surefire Report Report on the test results of the project.
Test JavaDocs Test JavaDoc API documentation.

Here is an excerpt from the parent pom:

<reporting>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<version>2.7</version>
<configuration>
<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/apidocs</outputDirectory>
<overview>overview.html</overview>
<javadocDirectory>Source/Javadoc</javadocDirectory>
<excludedocfilessubdir>CVS</excludedocfilessubdir>
<docfilessubdirs>true</docfilessubdirs>
<source>1.6</source>
</configuration>
<reportSets>
<reportSet>
<id>html</id>
<configuration>
<doctitle>API for ${project.name} ${project.version}</doctitle>
<windowtitle>API for ${project.name} ${project.version}</windowtitle>
</configuration>
<reports>
<report>javadoc</report>
</reports>
</reportSet>
<reportSet>
<id>test-html</id>
<configuration>
<testDoctitle>Testware API for ${project.name} ${project.version}</testDoctitle>
<testWindowtitle>Testware API for ${project.name} ${project.version}</testWindowtitle>
</configuration>
<reports>
<report>test-javadoc</report>
</reports>
</reportSet>
</reportSets>
</plugin>

--
David J. Biesack, SAS
SAS Campus Dr. Cary, NC 27513

Olivier Lamy

Mar 23, 2011, 8:50:26 PM3/23/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
It should be fixed in master for javadoc. (test javadoc archiving
added I still need to add to add link : stay tuned :-) )

You can test it If any issues ping me :-)

Note : if you don't use aggregate javadoc the link will be per maven
module and you don't need to archive yourself (the plugin do it for
you)

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

Olivier Lamy

Mar 26, 2011, 1:58:09 PM3/26/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
So all are fixed and will be in 1.405
If you are an early adopter you can test those build :
http://people.apache.org/~olamy/jenkins/ :-)

Thanks,

David....@sas.com

Mar 28, 2011, 9:18:05 AM3/28/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, Olivier; I will give your 1.405jenkins.war a try