gerrit trigger not notifying gerrit on build start result etc.

Nord, James

Dec 9, 2011, 12:44:07 PM12/9/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

As the subject says our Gerrit trigger isn’t notifying Gerrit about any of the events.

The log contains

Dec 09, 2011 5:37:22 PM com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.ToGerritRunListener onRetriggered

INFO: Project [code review] re-triggered by Gerrit-User: [PatchsetCreated: Change: 2619 PatchSet: 2]

Dec 09, 2011 5:37:23 PM com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.hudsontrigger.GerritTrigger schedule

INFO: Project code review Build Scheduled: true By event: 2619/2

Dec 09, 2011 5:37:31 PM com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.ToGerritRunListener onStarted

Dec 09, 2011 5:37:31 PM com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.ToGerritRunListener onStarted

INFO: MemoryStatus:

  Project/Build: [code review]: [#13: null] Completed: false

Dec 09, 2011 5:37:34 PM com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.ParameterExpander expandParameters

SEVERE: Failed to expand env vars into gerrit cmd. Gerrit won't be notified!!

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.getEnvironment(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:172)

        at com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.ParameterExpander.expandParameters(ParameterExpander.java:220)

        at com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.ParameterExpander.getBuildStartedCommand(ParameterExpander.java:106)

        at com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.GerritNotifier.buildStarted(GerritNotifier.java:79)

        at com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.job.BuildStartedCommandJob.run(BuildStartedCommandJob.java:72)

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

But I’m not sure what the root cause is - the build is building… This is with the nearly latest LTS (1.424.0).

/James

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postm...@nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

Nord, James

Dec 9, 2011, 2:21:55 PM12/9/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hmmm…  Looks like the same as JENKINS-11592 which is fixed…

And the duplicate https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-12055 which is reported against 1.424.1.

Any chance of nominating for backporting to LTS – this is a blocker for our environment (Gerrit is unuseable).

/James

Nord, James

Dec 10, 2011, 6:42:24 AM12/10/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Ok after I upgraded to the 1.424.1 release then I no longer see the exception – but Gerrit was still not notified.

On a hunch I created a nother test job (freestyle) this time and it works (with the same git/gerrit config as the Maven2/3 type job.

Is the Maven2/3 type job supported by the Gerrit trigger plugin? (the job gets started correctly – just the notification never gets sent).

Robert Sandell

Jan 31, 2012, 4:36:16 AM1/31/12
to Jenkins Users
Hmm, we have been running Gerrit triggered maven jobs on Jenkins
1.424.1 for a couple of weeks without problems.
So what job configuration could we have that is different?

BR
Robert "Bobby" Sandell

On Dec 10 2011, 12:42 pm, "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com> wrote:
> Ok after I upgraded to the 1.424.1 release then I no longer see the exception - but Gerrit was still not notified.
>
> On a hunch I created a nother test job (freestyle) this time and it works (with the same git/gerrit config as the Maven2/3 type job.
>
> Is the Maven2/3 type job supported by the Gerrit trigger plugin? (the job gets started correctly - just the notification never gets sent).
>
> /James

Nord, James

Jan 31, 2012, 4:45:00 AM1/31/12
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Set the number of executors on your master to zero.

That seems to be the key component, as soon as we set it to one things worked :-/

/James

BR
Robert "Bobby" Sandell