Copy Artifact Plugin fails: Failed to set timestamp

Derek Brown

Sep 16, 2011, 2:22:14 PM9/16/11
to Jenkins Users
Running Jenkins 1.430,
Jenkins server is Debian 6
Client are Windows: 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows 7

Started to see this problem when upgraded from Hudson 1.3??

I don't see mention of this in the Jenkins Bug database, or in this
forum.
Has anyone seen this before? Any idea of a solution?

Thanks
Derek . . .

ERROR: Failed to copy artifacts from anonimized-jobname in with
filter: **/buildNotes*,**/anonomizedArtifact*.exe
hudson.util.IOException2: remote file operation failed: c:\opt\hudson
\workspace\anotherAnominizedJobname\downloadDir\anomonizedArtifact.exe
at hudson.remoting.Channel@d383128:autotest03-win7
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:754)
at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:740)
at hudson.FilePath.touch(FilePath.java:1036)
at hudson.FilePath.copyToWithPermission(FilePath.java:1402)
at
hudson.plugins.copyartifact.FilePathCopyMethod.copyOne(FilePathCopyMethod.java:
58)
at hudson.plugins.copyartifact.CopyArtifact.perform(CopyArtifact.java:
231)
at hudson.plugins.copyartifact.CopyArtifact.perform(CopyArtifact.java:
200)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:19)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild
$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:693)
at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.build(Build.java:178)
at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.doRun(Build.java:139)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:
459)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1376)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:
88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:230)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to set the timestamp of c:\opt
\hudson\workspace\anotherAnominizedJobname\downloadDir
\anominizedArtifact.exe to 1316142956000
at hudson.FilePath$17.invoke(FilePath.java:1041)
at hudson.FilePath$17.invoke(FilePath.java:1036)
at hudson.FilePath$FileCallableWrapper.call(FilePath.java:1995)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)
at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:287)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source)
at hudson.remoting.Engine$1$1.run(Engine.java:60)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Build step 'Copy artifacts from another project' marked build as
failure

Tim

Sep 19, 2011, 3:22:10 PM9/19/11
to Jenkins Users
I'm receiving and debugging the same error -- different file,
obviously, but the same "Failed to set the timestamp" message. Did you
have any luck resolving it?

Thanks!

On Sep 16, 11:22 am, Derek Brown <de...@revolutionanalytics.com>

Derek Brown

Sep 20, 2011, 4:24:54 PM9/20/11
to Jenkins Users
I did not resolve the problem. I'm in the process of implementing a
work around, eliminating the use of "Copy artifacts from project".
Using a wget like construct in a ruby script to download the required
artifact from the other project, given the artifacts url,
E.g. http://anonomizedjenkinsserver.com:8080/job/anonomizedProject/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/anonomizedArtifact.xsl

Derek . . .

jfbos

Sep 21, 2011, 6:31:04 AM9/21/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem here.
Probably started with Jenkins version 1.430.

Right now i am running Jenkins server 1.431 on debian 6
and the copy artifacts problem is with a Windows XP slave.

It is a job that worked before (but is started only manually occasionally)
I think the problem might have started with 1.430...

Did you guys already made a bug report??

Here is my similar looking error msg from the jenkins output:

Jeff

Sep 21, 2011, 9:03:30 AM9/21/11
to Jenkins Users
I am experiencing the same issue and just wrote up a bug report
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-11073

-Jeff